Thread: how can you force a line break?

Default how can you force a line break?

How can you force a line that is jammed with too many bars to break onto the next line?

TQ

In Edit, use the RightArrowPlus key to make some of the measures wider. That will kick some of the measures down onto the next line.

Try not to allow a measure(s) to "wrap" between systems (lines), it makes it tricky for the reader.
    (The player-feature will follow it)
    )BOB

sorry, but:
    can sameone tell me, where i can find this "RightArrowPlus key"? Especially on a german keyboard for MacOS?
    Thanks!
    Hooray

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray View Post
    sorry, but:
    can sameone tell me, where i can find this "RightArrowPlus key"? Especially on a german keyboard for MacOS?
    Thanks!
    Hooray
    Review this
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...ar-size/?p=mac

Is that what you want to do?
    )BOB

I notice there's now a newline button next to the note window, I think that's right, on the osX version anyway. It simply writes \\ as text. However, it doesn't seem to do anything, I've tried putting it at the start of the bar I want on the next line and at the end of the bar prior to that but nothing is displayed differently in the editor, nor if I save and exit. Is this functionality working yet, or am I making a mistake?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobDMax View Post
    I notice there's now a newline button next to the note window, I think that's right, on the osX version anyway. It simply writes \\ as text. However, it doesn't seem to do anything, I've tried putting it at the start of the bar I want on the next line and at the end of the bar prior to that but nothing is displayed differently in the editor, nor if I save and exit. Is this functionality working yet, or am I making a mistake?
    Thanks

The latest iRp update for Mac 2021.6 includes "multi-line staff text"

If you type text (abc) in the editor, I can’t give you\\anything but love - when saved, it should appear:

I can’t give you
    anything but love

Baby!...so I’m told...
    )BOB