Thread: Transferring songs and playlists between devices

Default Transferring songs and playlists between devices

Well, I am pretty sure this is a common question, so sorry for any redundancy.

I have developing my charts and playlist on an iPad. How do I send this to my desktop?

I have iReal Pro on my iPad, iPhone, and Mac desktop.

Tim

There is a detailed tutorial inside the app in Settings/Tutorial/Sharing.

In OSX look under: Help/Tutorials and Help/Help & Support.

Also online at http://irealpro.com/support
    )BOB

Two other ways I use to exchange files:

DiskAid is a free utility for OSX to use in conjunction with FileApp (also free) for iOS. Much easier to transfer files via USB than the ways described in the iRP Tutorials. And you don't need to be connected to the internet.

OSX comes with the Bluetooth File Exchange utility that allows you to exchange files with Android devices. Very fast and easy and, again, you don't need to use the internet. (Unfortunately, and incredibly, this doesn't work with iOS devices.)

Just curious. Do you really find it's easier to work on your tablet than on your Mac desktop? My experience is the opposite.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

I have an iPad and I gotta admit, it's way faster to create and edit a chart on the iPad vs the desktop app. I wish we could just sync between all devices or if anything be able to export more that one song at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ScheffMusic View Post
    I wish we could.......be able to export more that one song at a time.
    If you mean, in iReal pro chart format...
    Just add each chart to a playlist and share that.
    )BOB

Exporting multiple songs is no harder than exporting just one. For me, it's easiest to make a playlist named "New Additions" or something. After I've collected a bunch, I export the whole playlist at once.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.