Thread: Import midi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Import midi

Heu there,
    It's probably being asked a zillion times already but i don't seem to find the post or any solution online. I need to practice some tunes and i'd like to import a midi file, created with sibelius, but MID anyways. Can i easilly import it to iReal? Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Valloti View Post
    Heu there,
    It's probably being asked a zillion times already but i don't seem to find the post or any solution online. I need to practice some tunes and i'd like to import a midi file, created with sibelius, but MID anyways. Can i easilly import it to iReal? Thanks a lot!
    Here is some prior discussion:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ing-midi-files
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-28-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there's still no way to import a MIDI file into iReal Pro. I find the guitar sounds in the Latin tracks pretty off-putting and have reassigned and EQ'd them using Logic. Now I'd like the facility to cycle them through different keys.

Quote Originally Posted by dimwits View Post
    I'm wondering if there's still no way to import a MIDI file into iReal Pro. I find the guitar sounds in the Latin tracks pretty off-putting and have reassigned and EQ'd them using Logic. Now I'd like the facility to cycle them through different keys.
    Hello, sorry no it is not possible. As you might imagine, the automated playback styles are hardwired to the chords, diagrams (for guitar, piano, ukulele), chord scales etc.
    If you use the Practice feature (changing key for each repeat for your transposing, at 12x for all keys) this should make it easier.