Thread: help exiting from editor

Default help exiting from editor

hello,

i'm a new user and having a problem with the editor. I entered and saved a new song and recently went back to alter it. I have made the change and now cannot exit the editor. When i select "done" then "save and close", i am returned to song in the editor (i have tried every other option under "done", same result for several days...). When I exit the program and return, the song is still up (i.e. i cannot do anything in ireal pro right now!). I know I am probably missing something obvious but I am getting very frustrated. Any help is greatly appreciated

Sorry about this, very strange.
    You could try tapping 'i' for song info and changing something in there, Done then Done>Save. If not, you could force quit the app (you would lose the changes you had made unfortunately.)
    http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT5137
    Then re-launch iReal Pro and test the editor again, perhaps use duplicate (a song) so this test does not matter if you lose it.

Otherwise re-install the app: More>Backup and email a backup of all the songs, delete the app, download again from the App store (it will be free since you have already purchased it).
    You could do a test on the sample exercises.
    Use the email backup to restore your songs (or get fresh ones from the forum if they are all you have).

Does this help?
    Otherwise are you on iPhone or iPad? what iOS version?

The force quit worked (never had to use that before) and when i tried to edit again, it worked fine. i'm glad i didn;t miss anything obvious. Thanks!

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i'm using ireal pro on an iphone. back to editing... thanks again

If it happens again, you might try to "save" your edits by grabbing a screenshot before you force-quit.
    (Hold power-off and press the home-button)
    You would have to enter the edits again, but you'd have a photo-reference...
    )BOB

Thanks John, I hope it continues to work ok. Let us know either here or direct email to us at support if you have this problem again (also if you remember, let us know what you were doing at the time so we can try to replicate it). You could also restart your iPhone just to clear any memory issues it had.