Thread: missing index for playlist?

Default missing index for playlist?

I'm running 6.0.1 on my iPhone and my iPad, and I seem to no longer have an alphabetical index running down the right-hand side of the playlists.

It's hard to jump to the songs beginning with (say) "T". A search for the letter t doesn't return titles that begin with t, so the only way I see to get to songs beginning with t is to swipe up repeatedly.

Thanks for any input on this.....Lyle

Lyle: please read through this thread: http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...orking-anymore and see my post of 1-1-2015. I think you will find the answer to your problem. I have found that having too many apps open on my iPad causes problems not only with iReal Pro, but with many other apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I'm running 6.0.1 on my iPhone and my iPad, and I seem to no longer have an alphabetical index running down the right-hand side of the playlists.

It's hard to jump to the songs beginning with (say) "T". A search for the letter t doesn't return titles that begin with t, so the only way I see to get to songs beginning with t is to swipe up repeatedly.

Thanks for any input on this.....Lyle
    The alphabetical index is not available in Playlist view, only under the Song tab.
    If you don't see it there either, check out the thread the Keith88 posted.
    Let us know if it worked.

because playlist songs are able to be ordered (for example, a set list for a gig or concert) there is no Alphabet. Use Search a little more specifically by putting in more letters after the 't' or another word from the song title itself.

My mistake…Niki and dflat are correct in that there is no search function in playlists. I misread Lyle's post. I thought he referred to the list of songs where in the past, I had lost the search function and restored it by closing and re-opening iRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    My mistake…Niki and dflat are correct in that there is no search function in playlists.....
    While there isn't a column of alpha-shortcuts on a playlist since that would be helpful only when/if the playlist was in alphabetical order, there IS a keyword search entry field at the top of each playlist.
    )BOB