Thread: Requesting counting in to 3 for external bluetooth speaker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am wondering if there is some kind of noise gate (then perhaps compressor) working. If you turn up the volume on your android device so it can detect the count well then a few other tests with the count's volume lower (you can use the volume control in the iReal Pro mixer) you might be able to hear what is happening.

Also you could save the audio file (with the count recorded) and play it from your android's music player, and change it's volume and see if it does the same kind of thing.

I'll run a few tests when I have a chance.

Saving the file as audio is a possibility - I could even edit the count-in part in the sound editor and lengthen it. But it would take away some of the convenience of having it all in one program.

Quote Originally Posted by semmelbroesel View Post
    I'll run a few tests when I have a chance.

Saving the file as audio is a possibility - I could even edit the count-in part in the sound editor and lengthen it. But it would take away some of the convenience of having it all in one program.
    Sorry I meant for the audio file tests to give us an idea what the Bose is doing, not for you to have to make audio files of all your songs which would be very inconvenient I agree.
    Let us know what you find out. Also if you are able to test on the same model somewhere this would make it clear it is not a fault with your speaker.
    Thanks for mentioning this here.

Ah, got it.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks!

I don't have a dog in this fight...
    I'm betting the Bose unit is simply designed to "soft-start" to protect you from being startled.
    Dflat's "noise-gate" idea is certainly a possibility as well to prevent "wireless" noise/artifacts during standby,

I don't know for sure, but it seems reasonable that the Bluetooth interface may have a built-in buffer to reduce/prevent audio hiccups that could result in the slight audio delay mentioned previously.

I bought a cheap(!) Bluetooth receiver that I plug directly into a combo amp. (Crate Limo or Roland Cube Street, both battery powered!) no troubles with significant delay or late-start issues.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I bought a cheap(!) Bluetooth receiver that I plug directly into a combo amp. (Crate Limo or Roland Cube Street, both battery powered!) no troubles with significant delay or late-start issues.
    )BOB
    Bob: I do the same. I use a Logitech "bluetooth audio adapter" (=receiver) with a Roland CM-30 Cube Monitor and have no problems. This combination is reliable enough for me to use it on gigs. There is, in my experience, no ramp-up in volume when audio starts when using either the Logitech receiver or the Bose speaker (I tested this before posting this message). Nor are there any sync issues. I think the problems are with the Galaxy phone, either hardware or software, based on the descriptions in the previous posts.