Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Requesting counting in to 3 for external bluetooth speaker

Ah, got it.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks!

I don't have a dog in this fight...
    I'm betting the Bose unit is simply designed to "soft-start" to protect you from being startled.
    Dflat's "noise-gate" idea is certainly a possibility as well to prevent "wireless" noise/artifacts during standby,

I don't know for sure, but it seems reasonable that the Bluetooth interface may have a built-in buffer to reduce/prevent audio hiccups that could result in the slight audio delay mentioned previously.

I bought a cheap(!) Bluetooth receiver that I plug directly into a combo amp. (Crate Limo or Roland Cube Street, both battery powered!) no troubles with significant delay or late-start issues.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I bought a cheap(!) Bluetooth receiver that I plug directly into a combo amp. (Crate Limo or Roland Cube Street, both battery powered!) no troubles with significant delay or late-start issues.
    )BOB
    Bob: I do the same. I use a Logitech "bluetooth audio adapter" (=receiver) with a Roland CM-30 Cube Monitor and have no problems. This combination is reliable enough for me to use it on gigs. There is, in my experience, no ramp-up in volume when audio starts when using either the Logitech receiver or the Bose speaker (I tested this before posting this message). Nor are there any sync issues. I think the problems are with the Galaxy phone, either hardware or software, based on the descriptions in the previous posts.

I would not have thought a bluetooth receiver adapter would need to sleep itself then wake when audio arrives because it does not need to conserve battery as perhaps a bluetooth speaker would need to. Good to know there are no problems with them.
    I was wondering if his Bose is sleeping after seconds rather than what I would have thought might be 30 minutes or so, hence the idea of trying the same model in a shop just to test.

Some other thoughts:
    - since it is reducing the volume after the first beat of the count, it might mean there is a limiter there, so reducing the volume the phone is putting out a little might work slightly better. Obviously not too much of a volume decrease because otherwise the phone's volume will not be enough to trigger it 'waking'
    - delete any other bluetooth devices from the Bose so there is no interference from them and pair only with the phone
    - check what is happening with playing MP3 music tracks instead and see what happens

We are working on an update for Android, but unfortunately we do not have adding a 3 bar count on the list, sorry.
    Looking forward to any other comments and any tests done.

The delay with bluetooth is real, and can be a problem. I once tried using a bluetooth system with my guitar amp, transmitting to bluetooth headphones, and it was unusable because of the delay. There was a distinct delay between plucking a string and hearing it in the headphones. For something like this, it might work, though. I don't think it's the phone, it's more likely the speaker.