Thread: How to create sheet music from the chord charts?

Default How to create sheet music from the chord charts?

What is the best way to create/view the chords as sheet music. I play the piano and have a classical background. For me it would be useful to get the chords out as sheet music (rather than as keyboard dots). I tried several MusicXML / Midi export methods with some of the free iOS sheet music apps. I was not happy with the results. I have not tried any non free apps. Any best practises on this?

Regards,
    Riku

There's an article in the *new* guides section of the blog:
    http://irealpro.com/exporting-to-midi-and-musicxml/
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-07-2015 at 10:53 AM.

If you want the chord symbols (and barlines) then use music XML. Some music apps are better than others when it comes to interpreting musicXML files. (There are only chord symbols in the musicXML file, so if you were expecting the piano notation (voicings) they will not be there—if this is what you mean by not being happy with the results of the free apps you are testing on.)

For the piano notation, export the midi file.

Given your background in classical piano, you would appreciate the notation features of either Notion or Symphony Pro (both iOS). They are not free apps, but both have invested time in developing their app. It depends on what you are wanting to do after exporting.
    If you have more questions, post here, hopefully someone can help you.