Thread: Display with overlapping

Default Display with overlapping

If I had a chord on beat 4 in a mesure which has already a chord on beat 1 and 3. (A long one like C7b9) It makes an overlapping in the next mesure. It's ok for the playing but hideous on display. What can I do ?

By the way ; Is there a way to change the number of mesure by line ? a way to change the font size ?

Thank you for your clever answer

Quote Originally Posted by santeuil View Post
    If I had a chord on beat 4 in a mesure which has already a chord on beat 1 and 3. (A long one like C7b9) It makes an overlapping in the next mesure. It's ok for the playing but hideous on display. What can I do ?

By the way ; Is there a way to change the number of mesure by line ? a way to change the font size ?

Thank you for your clever answer
    Font-size:
    By using S and N in the editor (small/normal) chords can be made more readable in crowded measures.
    Remember, each N or S applies to all subsequent chords in the chart. When you use S to make a couple of adjacent chords fit better, please use N on the next chord to reset the rest of the chart.

Sometimes the chart is too long and crowded and (essential) chord quality information won't fit (even using S/small).
    I have, for example, instead of the long chord quality Eb7b9 used instead: Eb7 and then added b9 underneath using text.
    The player-feature will not play the b9 but the performer can read it (even if the chart is transposed).

More info:
    PLAYER CHARTS vs. READER CHARTS
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5854#post25854

A single measure can contain just one space, or more spaces depending on where you place bar-lines. It is possible (if there is enough space available on the single-page form) to have one or more looooong measures to make complex chord qualities more legible. Some experimentation may be necessary to get the player feature to accept your chord spacing within extended bars.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-17-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Thank you, that's the clever answer I was expected for my stupid question.