Thread: DS from repeated measures

Default DS from repeated measures

Is there someway to a DS or DC at the end of the last repeat of a repeated section? I want to have a number of repeats (e.g. 8x) of a solo section and then go back and play the head, then to a CODA which is the outro.

It's best if you post the chart you'd like help with.
    )BOB

I was unable to post it (can't make SHARE with forum work). The chart in question is the standard Take Five chart from the forum which has three parts: Intro (A) Bridge (B) and Solo (A- this should have been labelled C ??) What I want to do is have the solo section repeat 8X, then DS back to the bridge which will have a coda sign at the end. When it does the DS and reaches the coda, it will jmup to a coda at the very end which will be a short outro. I have put the solo section in repeat brackets with an 8x at the end, so if I put a DS there, it does it on the first time. ???????

I recently posted a chart that does something similar. See: http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...(long-version). In this chart, there was a head followed by a section that repeated four times. Playback continued back to the beginning and at the end of the head, playback jumped to a coda. Note that there was no DS or DC; none was needed. Read my post and download the chord chart. I think it will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by ericvv View Post
    I was unable to post it (can't make SHARE with forum work). The chart in question is the standard Take Five chart from the forum which has three parts: Intro (A) Bridge (B) and Solo (A- this should have been labelled C ??) What I want to do is have the solo section repeat 8X, then DS back to the bridge which will have a coda sign at the end. When it does the DS and reaches the coda, it will jmup to a coda at the very end which will be a short outro. I have put the solo section in repeat brackets with an 8x at the end, so if I put a DS there, it does it on the first time. ???????
    First step, learn how to post charts to the forums. You'll want to do that if you need help with other specific chart questions. (use the SANDBOX for testing)

There is a detailed tutorial inside the app in Settings/Tutorial/Sharing.

In OSX look under: Help/Tutorials and Help/Help & Support.

Also online at http://irealpro.com/support

This post may also be helpful:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...6967#post26967

Also read the first post in the same thread:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ERS-start-here

Regarding your Take Five question:
    Since the original forum chart doesn't have a coda section, I can only guess at what you want...
    (learn how to post charts here...really)

Here's one way to handle it:

Take Five -- Solo X8 - Paul Desmond

When you have a section that repeats many times and you will playing along with the iRp player, it's helpful to write-out the final repeat again (if there's space) so you can easily tell when the final time is happening.
    (the player position indicator moves out of the repeat section)
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-07-2014 at 02:36 PM.

I just posted one version to the sandbox. It only has one repeat in the solo section so you don't have to wait so long for the last repeat to go into the DS, which doesn't work right. HELP !!

Take Five w\8x Solos and DS - Paul Desmond

)BOB