Thread: Ideal Screen Dimensions for Tablet?

Default Ideal Screen Dimensions for Tablet?

Obviously, the iOS versions are optimized for viewing on iPads and iPhones. But is there a particular tablet size for which the Andriod version is optimized? Which tablet(s) are the developers using and what, if any, are the ideal dimensions?
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

It works on every Android tablet (with minimum OS 4.0 and Armv7 processor).
    We test it on many devices and based on our experience the Nexus tablets work great.(Nexus 7 and 10)

It's a blessing on my 12.2" note.

Hi Niki, sorry for my late reply. Actually my question is about optimum monitor dimensions for viewing/editing pages. For example iPad Air's screen is 2048 x 1536 resolution with an aspect ratio of 4:3. The Andriod tablets I've looked at are much wider (I'm guessing to accommodate movie watchers). Just wondering if aspect ratios & resolutions will make any difference on iRP's Android version.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    ...Just wondering if aspect ratios & resolutions will make any difference on iRP's Android version.
    Some screenshot examples—the forum makes the image resolutions smaller, but should be useful as comparison

Android
    Acer A200 an older 10 inch android tablet
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acer A200 Port.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	316

Name:	Acer A200 Land.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	317
    Nexus 7 inch

Name:	Nexus 7.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	315

Name:	Nexus 7 land.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	314

iPad

Name:	iPad.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	318

Name:	iPad landscape.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	319
    (iPad mini is just smaller but same proportions as iPad)

As you probably know, the chords get a little smaller if there are a larger number of systems.

Thanks, that was helpful. My only experience has been on iMac and iPod Touch. I'll post an epilogue.

Epilogue: I ended up getting RCA's very inexpensive Pro 10 - Android 4.4 KitKat; 1024x600 resolution. Looks just fine in both portrait and landscape, and performs flawlessly.

Been re-familiarizing myself with editing on-screen, in case I need to do some emergency revisions on a gig. Is it correct that I'm not able to use a keyboard for this? As tablets begin replacing PCs (or so I've heard) you might consider integrating keyboard functionality into iRP. But it's not a real issue for me, since I'll be doing most editing at home on my iMac. With Apple's "Bluetooth File Exchange" it's a breeze to transfer charts to my tablet. Can the new iOS do this? My old iPod (6.1.6) can't.

So with easier file sharing, being able to play the new styles, and my poor aging eyes enjoying a larger screen, I'm happy as a clam.

Afterword: Once again I've bought a device for the sole purpose of using iReal. Instead of taking a cut, I think Apple and Google should be paying YOU the commission!