Thread: Chord variation in editor?

Default Chord variation in editor?

Hello everyone. New here but didn't find my answer so I am asking here.

I am working on creating my song list for my concert. Where do I change the chord position? Or if I want a few note chord etc.... Thanks.

Brian

You really can't 'select' alternate voicings. You can sort of fool the machine by using a substitute chord and then adding your root bass note, say you don't like the way D sounds so you might sub it out for a Bm7 with a D bass.Sometimes that works. The program will change chord voicings on it's own for the screwest reasons. If you add a special bass line or even a note in one part of the song, that will sometimes change chord voicings in another part of the song. Making the chord play twice (or more) will also sometimes change the chord sound, too. Even a change in beat also changes the voicing as well as bass line. It's the way it is.

If you want to have total control over notes and voicings, use iRp as a starting point, export midi data and tweak away.
    If you want an iRp track to play and replay exactly the same every time, record it and play it back using an outboard device.
    IRp is not designed to play a static "canned" track. Just like a jamming combo, the musical expression of "the changes" will vary. For most users that's a good thing.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-15-2014 at 04:27 PM.