Thread: Connection to GarageBand

Default Connection to GarageBand

after connecting ireal to GB I don't know how I get the chosen song into GB as midi or audio

When you say, 'connecting' do you mean via AudioBus (which should work—I have tested this and it works—recording to a track in GB as iReal Pro is playing. Initially there were a few problems with running AudioBus in iOS 8 but they are gradually being fixed).

Or do you mean, GB does not list in the Open in... menu? I have used the app AudioShare (which shows in the Open in menu) then to General Pasteboard, and paste into GB (use wav format).
    There are other options. I am assuming you mean GB on your iOS device?

Or do you mean on your Mac? in which case you can email the midi file or AAC, or use file sharing with iTunes to find the audio file you Saved, and save (drag) to your Desktop, then import to GB (wav is better quality).

I probably need more information to help you further.

also if you meant GB on the same iOS device as you have iReal Pro, you can use Apple's Inter-app audio (similar to AudioBus) where within GB you can select iReal Pro as the inter-app audio input for a GB track, then record as iReal Pro plays.

As you have not posted anything further, I hope you have a procedure that works for you.