Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Schwendt-Andre-Kahn

Default Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Schwendt-Andre-Kahn

Dream A Little Dream Of Me1 - Schwendt-Andre-Kahn
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-12-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Default Dream A Little Dream Of Me

Dream A Little Dream Of Me 1 - Schwendt-Andre-Kahn

This is not the same as the one already in the 1300. Taken from a Michael Buble recording.

Default Dream a little dream of me

Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-30-2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song thread

Second "Mama Cass" tune posted tonight
    http://youtu.be/PpzB_Akopug (from 1970)
    Did you notice there's already charts for two or three versions of that tune posted in the Forums?
    )BOB

Default Dream a little dream of me - chords

Dream A Little Dream Of Me 1 - Schwendt-Andre-Kahn

Default Dream A Little Dream Of Me

"Dream A Little Dream Of Me" is a 1931 song composed by Fabian Andre and Wilbur Schwandt with lyrics by Gus Kahn. Is a pleasant 32-bar AABA tune with the interesting harmonic device of emphasizing the flat 6, both as a very noticible chord in A section and as the tonic of the B section. There are many performances of this tune on Youtube, including its debut recording by Ozzie Nelson, a 1956 performance by Doris Day (with a fine 8-measure piano solo worth listening to) and a 1996 vocal performance by Diana Krall backed by guitar and bass, with a fabulous half-chorus by guitarist Russell Malone. Of course, the most famous performace of all is by Moma Cass from 1968.

There are other chord charts of this tune on the iRP forum, but I didn't find any of them satisfactory. Thus I submit this version. It's title includes "Keith's changes," but it has been reworked after hearing many recorded performances. For example, the changes in the bridge are taken from the Doris Day and Diana Krall performances. Other ideas are my own. I have added a tag ending as a coda. Although this tune works well with the Ballad - Swing style, I prefer it with the Jazz - Swing Two/Four style at 90 bpm.

Dream A Little Dream Of Me (Keith's changes) - Schwendt-Andre-Kahn
    Last edited by Keith88; 11-06-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Default Please note the mistake in the chord chart

I caught a mistake in my chord chart. On the fifth line, second measure, fourth beat is a "/A." It should be a "/Ab." Sorry for the mistake.

You can easily edit your original post and overwrite the first chart with your updated version. Just copy the new chart to your clipboard (select post to forums), go to your forum post, choose edit, select and highlight all the song code of the first version, select "paste" (not cut or copy) then SAVE. Done
    )BOB

Default Dream A Little Dream Of Me- Mama Cass

Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Schwendt-Andre-Kahn