Thread: irealPro 6.01, OSX 10.7.5, M-Audio M-Track Quad...

Default irealPro 6.01, OSX 10.7.5, M-Audio M-Track Quad...

in this configuration, when I hit play, I get the turning wheel for a fraction of a second, then it won't start (6.01-7345); if I disconnect the M-Track Quad, it works. Any known incompatibility? Any fix?

thanks
    alex

Hi Alex, does your M-Track Quad work ok with other apps and your Mac?
    Presumably you have switched to it in the audio output selection at the bottom left?
    Thanks.

sorry, I didn't know someone responded to this... this is my secondary computer, it's not a big deal if it works or not, since it works on the other computer. But now i thought of revisiting the problem...

So, almost a year later, iReal pro 6.3, (same operating system, since this is the most this computer accepts), still doesn't work. It shows in Audio Midi Setup, it works on other applications in the OS, but when the interface is selected in AudioMidiSetup, iReal can't use it. Further more, the audio output selection popup doesn't open at all. When the built-in interface is selected system wide, then the audio output selection opens in iReal, but the m-audio is not listed.

I made it work, however, by using soundflower, selecting that in ireal pro then routing it out to the m-audio interface

thanks
    (and now I'll go ahead and make sure I get emails from this thread...)

did you check System Prefs>Sound?
    Your Quad should be listing there when connected. It should be listing in the audio Output in iReal Pro (its drivers are the latest for your OS?)
    Good you are able to route through Sunflower.

it is listed in Sound sys prefs, but it doesn't show up in iRealPro. I have the latest drivers, I just uninstalled/reinstalled them
    weird...

You could try this,
    quit iReal Pro
    System Prefs>Sound>Output - select your Quad (or select something else then select it again)
    open iReal Pro
    - does it list in Audio now? (or in iReal Pro>Prefs>Audio Output?)

selecting the quad in the sound > output prefs is the same as setting it as the default device in audio midi setup. The behavior is the same: after selected, the audio popup doesn't pop at all... and the audio output from preferences is blank and can not be opened, no matter how hard I click :-)

thanks very much for your help. We have enough information for now. I will make a note of it for investigation.
    Just to confirm, you are on Mac OS10.7.5 and iReal Pro v6.3?

yes

thank you
    alex

Hello Alex,
    I checked with Massimo and it is likely that it is an issue of incompatible audio interface with sandboxed apps from the Mac App Store. (Garageband and Logic and other similar apps are not sandboxed but apps downloaded from the MAS have to be sandboxed.) He says that unless the vendor has provided a firmware update that fixes issues with compatibility with sandboxed apps there is nothing we can do.