Thread: No sound output on iPad 2 IO Dock

Default No sound output on iPad 2 IO Dock

Suddenly IRP fails to output any sound with my Alesis IO dock. For awhile it would start getting garbled and choppy and would return to normal after a reset. Now nothing.

You have tried these things?
    - completely turn off then on iPad
    - reduce the number of apps in the background (force quit the others)
    - checked other audio apps are working through the Alesis
    - force quit iReal Pro then open again

Could this have happened after updating to iOS8 or was it working ok after updating; or are you still on iOS7?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    You have tried these things?
    - completely turn off then on iPad
    - reduce the number of apps in the background (force quit the others)
    - checked other audio apps are working through the Alesis
    - force quit iReal Pro then open again

Could this have happened after updating to iOS8 or was it working ok after updating; or are you still on iOS7?

Thanks
    I have the same setup, and bought the IO Dock 2, as it's been updated. The first one got awful reviews the second one seems better. I would have gotten the focusrite except they don't support Ipad 2, you gotta have the lightning connector. Anyway, I was told by support to do the Low CPU setting. I hit the version no. 7 times and lo and behold I saw the option, and I enabled it--and the yellow position marker did not turn off like it was supposed to, and still no audio out the IO Dock. But my other apps like iTunes work fine through the IO Dock. What am I doing wrong?

Default Reinstall solved it!

Quote Originally Posted by tyroneshuz View Post
    I have the same setup, and bought the IO Dock 2, as it's been updated. The first one got awful reviews the second one seems better. I would have gotten the focusrite except they don't support Ipad 2, you gotta have the lightning connector. Anyway, I was told by support to do the Low CPU setting. I hit the version no. 7 times and lo and behold I saw the option, and I enabled it--and the yellow position marker did not turn off like it was supposed to, and still no audio out the IO Dock. But my other apps like iTunes work fine through the IO Dock. What am I doing wrong?

Backed up my songs, deleted and reinstalled the app and now everything is peachy. The IO Dock 2 is a nice piece of machinery, and as always, love this app!

Quote Originally Posted by tyroneshuz View Post
    Backed up my songs, deleted and reinstalled the app and now everything is peachy. The IO Dock 2 is a nice piece of machinery, and as always, love this app!
    Thanks for posting your procedure to resolve the problem. We do not have this interface to test. Others should find this helpful.