Thread: Emoji's on charts are NOT supported

Default Emoji's on charts are NOT supported

when i write a song and finish it, if i reboot my ipad, the song i wrote disconfigures completelly and you can see the notes and some letters on top of them like, all the notes and titles all on top of eachother...It appears some weird tokens too like: < and >... Can any of you help me? I have 2 ipads and i have the same problem on both. This all started after the last update of ireal B..
    Last edited by Basslinoplayer; 10-31-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: completing the thread

A screenshot showing the issue you describe might be helpful to admin.
    )BOB

If you have some steps so we can replicate it, this would help us. Thanks for letting us know.

I just had the same problem. I did a two page chart. It was ok for a couple of days while I rehearsed it. On the gig I went to pull up the chart and it was all garbled. It happened to me with another chart about 18 months ago. I update ireal as soon as updates become available so I'm pretty sure that it would have happened prior to the latest update. Regarding the two page chart, I did for the first time use some of the icons from the keyboard (smiley faces, pointing fingers etc) That's the only difference between the two page chart that got garbled, and the other 600 plus charts that I've written, that are fine. I'll be sure to back up as soon as I write new charts in future. Hopefully the problem gets sorted out. Apart from that, love the app, ireal rocks.

UPDATE:
    unfortunately there were too many complications with using emojis (in titles, composer, styles and text) so they will be cleared (or just will not appear on input). On some devices a small number may appear and should be ok for that device but may cause problems if opened on another (device/OS).

Our recommendation is not to use them at all.

ref: v6.1 all platforms
    (at time of posting, we are still working on this update)
    Last edited by dflat; 01-27-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: new information, emojis not allowed