Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Celtic" style

I am also new to real pro but I am definitely interested in Celtic guitar styles. Hopefully there will there will be some added.

Please count me in as a requester for a jig style with strummed guitar as well.

+1 absolutely. I'm trying a work around w/ 12/8 rock up to tempo, but I'd rather have a dedicated rhythm style to work from.

Talking Successful workaround for the Jig style

howdy folks - I found a workaround for the 'jig feel' we're all missing:

Set 'style' to Pop - Bluegrass
    Meter to ⅜
    Tempo over 200 or so..

Then just apply repeats to every bar, for a 6/8 jig feel (use x4 in the text field for a double jig bar). This will also allow you to keep the same song structure when iRealb eventually supports the 'jig' style. You'll only have to remove the repeats on each bar. It's a bit messy, but you'll be able to hear the right feel.

First and second endings may make this workaround a bit dragged out, but for simple repeated A/B sections, I use D.C. al Fine to repeat the A section, but for the B section I just copy it twice, as using D.S. after D.C. doesn't seem to work.

Here is The Sligo Maid as an example. Let me know if I missed anything - works for me!

Fortunately, slip jigs are entirely functional from the get-go: 9/8 with the bluegrass style sounds fine.

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
    If you select "Duplicate" when editing a tune to accommodate this workaround, the original chart will be retained.
    Just edit the title of the duplicate to reflect the change "jig" or some such.
    The original "clean" chart may be easier for some to read (if needed) when performing.
    If you (or someone) puts a playlist together with charts edited for jig-practice, please post it.
    Thanks
    )BOB

here is a plain jig: The Connaughtman's Rambles

Default Jig templates

here are some templates, with a few half-bars remaining from the tunes I took these from:

Jig template

Double Jig template

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    If you (or someone) puts a playlist together with charts edited for jig-practice, please post it.
    Will do! Agreed, these may not be practical for reading on a gig but otherwise useful.

Quote Originally Posted by nwct View Post
    here is a plain jig: The Connaughtman's Rambles

Time sig?
    )BOB

Irish jig 6/8
    Irish reel 2/4 (typically)