Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Celtic" style

Default "Celtic" style

... especially for jigs. I would love to replace the arpeggiating banjo with a strumming acoustic guitar in Bluegrass style too. Are these things impossible? Requestable? Any tips apreciated.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-29-2015 at 02:20 PM.

You can change the instruments in the Mixer. Tap on a song, then the second button from the right in the Playback Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    You can change the instruments in the Mixer. Tap on a song, then the second button from the right in the Playback Control.
    Whatever instrument you choose still runs through the generic banjo runs which doesn't work well with 6\8 jig time imo. It's annoying too. I would much rather play over a simple "doom-jang doom-jang" guitar strum than the banjo, and I think it would possibly translate into jig time better too.

I'm with you on that wish. Thank you, cjs419, for what you've posted so far.

+1 ...Lyle

Quote Originally Posted by cjs419 View Post
    I would love to replace the arpeggiating banjo with a strumming acoustic guitar.
    Me too!
    Pete Martin
    www.PeteMartin.info
    Mandolin, Improvisation Instruction

I only fiddle with this app, because the idea of playing banjo and trying to compete with those generic rolls is it of the question. I can't recommend this app for a banjo player.

Have you tried adjusting (or muting) parts of the accompaniment in the player mixer?
    Button to the right of the "play" button.
    )BOB

Yes. I can only change the bass. The other two I can only change the volume. Muting the banjo eliminates the chord flavor aspect of the tune. It's a super useful app with lots of room for improvement, but why worry about it when my money is all already spent, right?

I am new to ideal pro but also interested in Celtic guitar styles