Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 sets of repeats . in loop, the second one doesn't repeat .

Default 2 sets of repeats . in loop, the second one doesn't repeat .

2 sets of repeats . in loop, the second one doesn't repeat.
    Is this always been the case?

I was cycling the first two lines of this exercise Miguel Pons just put up.
    II V I 12 Whole Steps - Miguel Pons
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-13-2015 at 03:03 AM.

thanks we will look into this.

Yeah, and when you cycle three lines of it, it's the 3rd line that doesn't repeat. Pretty important for practice. Happens when you have two or more repeated sections on the same line, too. Whichever is the last repeat section in the Cycled zone doesn't repeat.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 11-06-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Yeah, and when you cycle three lines of it, it's the 3rd line that doesn't repeat. Pretty important for practice. Happens when you have two or more repeated sections on the same line, too. Whichever is the last repeat section in the Cycled zone doesn't repeat.
    Just to clarifie , You're not saying this is a good thing, just something we have to deal with?

The loop feature is awesome but you can't do everything you always want.
    Second endings can be problematic.

I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea what's tough to fix and what's easy. iReal Pro is amazing just as it is.

Apparently, when the (temporary) loop you've set plays its final measure, the (now looping) player figures it's done its dash and recycles (ignoring the final repeat sign).

The loop-repeat is triggered before the section-repeat (if it closes the final bar in the loop).
    I guess dem's da rules.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-13-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Default second repeat won't loop!

From a long practice exercise, I'm trying to loop two adjacent 4-bar sections, each has a repeat sign. The second 4 bar section does not repeat, it just loops back to the beginning of the first 4-bar section.

Has this issue been addressed by iRealPro yet? I have not seen a solution and I am very frustrated! I have directed many students to buy the app and it's not working well because of this issue.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-20-2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread..

A quick work-around: edit (a duplicate?) and insert one measure of N.C. after the 2nd repeating section.
    Include the "extra" bar in the loop. It only a few clicks...
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by lizkinnon View Post
    ... loop two adjacent 4-bar sections, each has a repeat sign. The second 4 bar section does not repeat, it just loops back to the beginning of the first 4-bar section.
    We will look into this, but cannot promise anything at the moment.
    For specific practice, a separate song with just those chord progressions could be created (but I know you know this).

(You can copy then paste into a new song. Repeats go up to 30x plus you can copy/paste the 4 measure sections twice, delete the internal repeats, but enclose the (now) 16 measures in a global repeat, so this should give you 60x.)
    Last edited by dflat; 06-21-2018 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Added copy/paste info

Quote Originally Posted by lizkinnon View Post
    From a long practice exercise, I'm trying to loop two adjacent 4-bar sections, each has a repeat sign. The second 4 bar section does not repeat, it just loops back to the beginning of the first 4-bar section.

Has this issue been addressed by iRealPro yet? I have not seen a solution and I am very frustrated! I have directed many students to buy the app and it's not working well because of this issue.
    Is this what you have? Just tried this and it worked fine. When both sections have repeat bar lines, it doesn't work right now, there is a bug we have to fix. Could you post your song? Thank you!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_59700A1B49CC-1.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	492