Thread: little idea about melody lines

Default little idea about melody lines

Hi,
    I would like to have melody line in irealbook as other people here. I know that there is a problem with "copyright" BUT may be you (dflat) could add a "staff" in the graphic interface without notes and every user can add the melody line by himself with ireal book editor so you don't break any copyright rule.

What do you think?

Sorry for my bad english.

robipiano

I think it is a great idea. Or a spot to enter notes (and not of the musical nature)

Adding staff notation seems like a lot of programming to me and would probably take up too much space. Just the place for simple text will work for Numbered musical notation and ABC notation that don't require graphics.
    Last edited by Norman; 12-08-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Irb was designed as an electronic version of "Pocket Changes". It has evolved to include a wonderful player feature. With the added real estate available on the iPad, I'm confident evolution will continue.

I can imagine a separate stand- alone app for lyrics-sharing as well as another app for melodies.

These could be multi-tasked to display concurrently, still in separate line-by-line horizontal tiles, on the screen of individual devices by the end user for their personal use.

Get an iPad and some fakebooks on PDFs. This app is not going to have melodies. I am planning on this. Leave a lot of books behind. Do miss the melody but love the other features of this app.

It's a good idea to memorize melodies and do them in all twelve keys ( with the player )
    It really helps tune your ear and 'know' the song

It's actually easy to input melodies in the text line. For example: Silent Night by Franz Gruber (public domain)
    Many thanks for this great app and Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Norman; 05-12-2011 at 02:28 AM. Reason: added diacritical dots

The number notation looks good and could be handy, but I personally think implementing melody writing is not good for the app.
    A gigging musician should know the tunes, period.
    If she doesn't, she'll have better options with a small pentagrammed notebook than with a cramped screen with chords, lyrics and melody (even with ipad)...
    Keep it simple.
    My two cents from an enthusiastic fan of iRb and Massimo and staff's work.

A related thread - PDF music viewer apps, multitasking with Player:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....=3950#post3950

Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathon View Post
    The number notation looks good and could be handy, but I personally think implementing melody writing is not good for the app.
    A gigging musician should know the tunes, period.
    If she doesn't, she'll have better options with a small pentagrammed notebook than with a cramped screen with chords, lyrics and melody (even with ipad)...
    Keep it simple.
    My two cents from an enthusiastic fan of iRb and Massimo and staff's work.
    I totally agree and very much appreciate the deliberate effort Massimo and staff have made to keep things simple. The numbered notation app I wrote last Christmas is completely separate from iReal b but still allows import/export. Often a few notes of the melody are handy like you say. But on stage you've got to know your songs.