Thread: Cannot install iReal Pro

Default Cannot install iReal Pro

Hey guys,

I had iReal Pro installed on my previous computer, but the hard drive died. I just replaced the drive and upgraded to OS X Yosemite.

I've tried to install iReal Pro from the app store, but when I do it says downloading for a fraction of a second and then just skips to installed...

If I click open in the app store or double click the app icon nothing happens. When I open "show package contents" it shows that there's pretty much nothing there.

After a long time I get the message "iReal Pro - MusicBook & PlayAlong failed to download. Use purchase page to try again." However, every time I go to the purchase page it just says installed. If I wait long enough it says "An Error Has Occurred" in red next to the install button.

How can I resolve this?
    Last edited by Dioxic; 10-20-2014 at 09:36 PM.

The most recent news is that I was able to "download" and "install" it, but afterwards I got the same error from before, "iReal Pro - MusicBook & PlayAlong failed to download. Use purchase page to try again."

Have you installed any files from the previous drive that were backed-up somewhere else? (eg. cloud)
    I'm wondering if there's something from the past that could be the issue.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-21-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Hey Bob,

the same iTunes, cloud account etc is linked with the app store. I don't have a copy of iReal Pro already installed on this computer, but it was purchased with the account I'm trying to download it through via the App store. That's all I could think of that fits that description...

You could try logging out of your iTunes account, restart your computer, log back in then try download again; but check for any remnants of it first (Applications folder) or your library, Downloads folder etc. and delete them. Also there could be a problem with the app store (so try tomorrow).
    I am presuming you have a backup of all your songs and playlists somewhere safe?

I tried restarting the computer, but hadn't tried logging in and out of my iTunes account. In any event, I suspect it was an issue with the app store. I did everything you recommended and waited until this morning and at last! It works! Not sure what fixed it specifically, but thanks for the suggestions.