Thread: Importing MIDI files to Mac/Garage Band

Default Importing MIDI files to Mac/Garage Band

I am a new subscriber. Also trying to make that long journey from blues to jazz. My practice rig includes Mac and Amplitude. I was hoping to export the iRealbook midi file of a song to Garageband and the record accompanying rythmn and solo tracks (and even a vocal track). So far the only thing that seems to work is running a stereo mini Jack from the iPhone to the Mac and recording an Analog version of the song. This has problems in that I seem to pick up some hiss. Is there a way to export a MIDI version of a song to Garage Band? Great product. Best $15.00 I ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
    ...Is there a way to export a MIDI version of a song to Garage Band? ..
    Hi David, thanks for joining the forum and your question.
    Current version of iReal book (v3.0.3), there is no export to MIDI. This may come at a future release. So audio recording is the best way.

There should not be hiss coming out of your iPhone. You can check in your headphones for hiss.
    If not, then an output of about 80% of full volume in iPhone, a good short cable and plugs (long ones might pick up noise and interference), place the iPhone/cable away from any nearby radio or electrical devices), test your computer interface for recording with some other device (output from a radio or iPod) to check it is not any hiss related to that.

Let us know if anything improves.

This will be a great app for the Mac when it gets midi export. I've been waiting for a good Band-in-a-Box replacement for Mac for many years. This looks like it could be it.

I second that. It would be the most interesting addition to me for use with Garage Band. A midi export is more useful for practice than the audio one because you can change tempo, instruments, etc in GB.
    Fantastic app!!!

Smile MIDI export

Midi export would be great. Greetings WolfgangMO

Default try this.

you might want to try doing midi export with the app Chordbot. it is very easy to use.