Thread: How to delete a style description from Edit-Info?

Default How to delete a style description from Edit-Info?

I am not asking about deleting an actual style--just a style description as you can make in Edit-Info-Custom. I tried to make a style description for the new style "Jazz - Swing Two/Four" but I made a typo I didn't notice untill after I had saved it. I know I can make a new, correct style description, but how do I delete the bad one from the list?
    Jack

I'm pretty sure if you just correct your typo it'll automatically disappear from your Style options list, although you may need to restart the app. (I'm still using the un-updated iOS, but that's how I did some housecleaning on OSX a while back.)
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Well, see, that's the problem. Once I've created the custom style description, I can't figure out how to get into it again, either to correct it or to delete it. I appear to be stuck with that custom style description, typo and all. Yes, I can create a new and correct custom style description, but I still can't clear the one with the typo off the list.

[Pencil Icon] ➜ Edit ➜ ⓘ ➜ Style ➜ [choose a style or customize one]

If no chart is labeled with a customized style name, it shouldn't appear on the Style selection list.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

In song index, top left are an up and down arrow (looks like a diamond), tap, select Styles. Songs will list under their style. You might have more than one song using the faulty style name.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    If no chart is labeled with a customized style name, it shouldn't appear on the Style selection list.
    Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    In song index, top left are an up and down arrow (looks like a diamond), tap, select Styles. Songs will list under their style. You might have more than one song using the faulty style name.
    Yup, that did it for me. Thanks, both.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 10-16-2014 at 06:49 AM.