Thread: Count-in click unusable on external speaker in iReal Pro 6

Default Count-in click unusable on external speaker in iReal Pro 6

Hi Folks,

I know this sounds extremely strange but here goes: I'm using an external bluetooth speaker (xqBeat 2.0) with iRealPro on an iPhone 4. Never had an issue with that - after all, the external speaker should only reproduce the sound that would normally come out of the built-in speaker.
    Since the update to iRealPro 6, I have the problem that the count-in click is completely jumbled with some sort of delay effect, but only on the external speaker. It sounds fine if I use the phone's speaker. That sounds like a problem with the external device, doesn't it? I would assume that too if it weren't for the fact that there's no issue at all with the music after the count-in beats. Sounds perfect. Also other apps that have sound seem to be fine with the speaker - it's only the count in measures that are totally messed up. Has anyone seen this before?

Best, Rob

Hi Tyrone: I use IRP 6.0 on an iPad and beam the output to a bluetooth receiver (a Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices) attached to the external input of a Yamaha Clavinova digital piano. I have no problems with the audio, including the count-in click. Perhaps an iRP insider has further insight into your situation but it really sounds strange (no pun intended).

Hi Keith, thanks for your input. You're right - maybe I should contact iRP directly. Or wait for some days and see if another user has similar problems. Cheers, TS