Thread: iReal Pro to OnSong?

Default OnSong

Does anyone know how I can download my custom backing tracks to iTunes? Then I can import my tracks to OnSong which contains my chord/lyric music.

Try this: after setting the playback of your track to your liking, including using the iReal Pro mixer, touch the Share button, and touch Share Audio from the drop-down menu and then select the format (AAC works well). iReal Pro will then render the audio track (this takes some time) and ask you what to do next. You should select Save to Disk. When you do, iReal Pro will display instructions on how to save your file to your computer's hard drive using iTunes. The files will be located in the "File Sharing" portion of the apps page for your device. From then on, save the audio files to your computer and then copy them to iTunes, and finally sync your device. You should have your audio files available for playback on your device.

If you do not want all your OnSong backing tracks scattered about in your music folder listing with your normal music tracks, you might want to prefix the titles with letter 'z', a number or other text character, so they all appear together in one place; or perhaps use an album name called OnSong.

But it might be possible to add audio directly into OnSong's Documents folder or import tracks from Dropbox into a song (iReal Pro can save audio directly to Dropbox using 'Open in' if you have the Dropbox app installed) but it was not immediately obvious in OnSong how you access either of them. You might like to contact OnSong support to check.

Default iReal Pro to OnSong?

I use OnSong for chord/lyric music and iReal Pro for my custom created backing tracks. Is there a way that I don't have to switch between the two apps during a live performance? Can I get my iReal backing tracks onto the OnSong app? HELP!!!!!

I think Keith has already answered your question (almost) in the previous thread you posted:

(Quote) Try this: after setting the playback of your track to your liking, including using the iReal Pro mixer, touch the Share button, and touch Share Audio from the drop-down menu and then select the format (AAC works well). iReal Pro will then render the audio track (this takes some time) and ask you what to do next. You should select Save to Disk. When you do, iReal Pro will display instructions on how to save your file to your computer's hard drive using iTunes. The files will be located in the "File Sharing" portion of the apps page for your device. From then on, save the audio files to your computer and then copy them to iTunes, and finally sync your device. You should have your audio files available for playback on your device.

You may have to select .WAV as the file type when you export to be sure that resulting audio file is compatible with On Song. If you are lucky you may be given the 'open in' option when you export the file if On Song allows it. If not then use file sharing in iTunes (on your computer) to transfer the files to On Song.

ADMIN - Merged into one thread

This link might help:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094?v...S&locale=en_US
    Once Saved to disk within iReal Pro, use iTunes and computer to find the song files. Transfer to iTunes (apply metadata if desired), then transfer to iPad as Music.
    OnSong has access to your music.
    Let us know if you need more help.