Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exporting MIDI--especially drums

Default Exporting MIDI--especially drums

I wish to import the tracks into my DAW (SONAR X-3) and play over them, and edit them, because you can't do stops or rests or proper endings in IRB.

All goes well, but the drums don't match up. There is a brush kit in my DAW, but the notes are off, as when I switch to that kit, there's hand claps and other things that don't belong.

How do I get the MIDI drums to match up? I /could/ export each track as audio, but then I can't change the tempo, or edit very well, especially endings.

Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-29-2014 at 03:42 PM.

I started a thread below yours Tyrone with a suggestion or two that might help address this problem. Unfortunately nobody has replied........yet!

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    OK this is a place to start. So obviously the sounds don't all match up for either of the kits I've tried in my soft-synth

But can I somehow copy this map (or manually enter it somehow) and my MIDI drums will correspond?

OR do I have to look at the mismatched drums and somehow bulk change all of the handclaps (or rock snares, or whatever) to the sounds I want?

Is there a command that will take all A4's just to pick one and transpose it to the location of the desired sound (F#3, say)? I realize I may have to go to the Cakewalk forum and get the exact verbiage.

Sonar X3:
    The Drum Map Manager section lets you create and save drum maps for use with hardware or software samplers. You can customize drum maps to select specific sounds on any of your samplers.
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentatio...logs2.061.html
    )BOB

My feeling is that it would be better to build a dedicated sampler instrument that corresponds to the iReal Pro map using sounds that are similar rather than trying to map the notes to an existing GM kit.

My question to Massimo is: Do any or all of the sounds in iReal Pro use velocity layers?

No they don't.

Okay great thanks, that makes things a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo64 View Post
    My feeling is that it would be better to build a dedicated sampler instrument that corresponds to the iReal Pro map using sounds that are similar rather than trying to map the notes to an existing GM kit.

My question to Massimo is: Do any or all of the sounds in iReal Pro use velocity layers?
    OK, how would I go about doing that?