Thread: Is it possible to write a melody line on top of an existing chart?

Default Is it possible to write a melody line on top of an existing chart?

Say I want to write out my own melody line on top of the changes to Solar? Can I do it in iReal Pro, or do I have to export the chart to something like Notion?

This is what I do: I use the text feature to write in cue notes associated with certain changes. These start out below the chords but I move them up above the changes. I don't write in all of the melody line, just some (and sometimes many) cue notes to help me out when playing the melody. One of the moderators (pdxdjazz) pointed out that these cue note would not change if your chart were transposed; however, if the cue notes were entered in the Alt Chord field, they would transpose with the chords. You can choose which works best for you.

Default It's A Lovely Day Today

Here is an example of my use of cue notes in a chart:
    It's A Lovely Day Today - Irving Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    One of the moderators (pdxdjazz) pointed out that these cue note would not change if your chart were transposed
    That's mostly the reason why I wrote Rousseau. I like numbers and roman numerals so much.

Default Help with Rousseau

I just installed Rousseau on my iPad mini. Is there a tutorial or FAQ available? I can't seem to import a song from iReal Pro into Rousseau to edit. I think your approach to adding melody notes is useful. I'm using the lastest versions of iReal Pro and Rousseau.

Thank you Noraman for you app!
    As a jazz guitarist (you can find my on this forum), a music teacher using tabs with my students, … and a great lover of Rousseau ;-) you made me discover a great track.

Bravo and all my respect ;-)
    Gabor