Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iOS and OSX separate purchases?! Do we have to pay twice?

Unhappy iOS and OSX separate purchases?! Do we have to pay twice?

Hi,

I've already purchased the iOS version of ireal Pro, as well as quite a few in-app purchases.
    Do I really need to pay $24.99 just to use the app on my Mac under the same iTunes account, or am I missing something...?

Confused...

Yes it runs on a different OS and processor. Also the layout (GUI) is different, key commands, right-click menus etc. So although the songs and playlists can be transferred between iOS and Mac (and Android versions) of iReal Pro, the underlying code for each is not the same.
    Note that the Mac version has the 30 styles built-in. Editing and creating new songs is much faster because of the layout, key commands etc.

Default Buying for IPAD doesn't let use on Macbook???

Unlike Onsong and other cross platform apps, IrealPro doesn't allow you to use your Ipad "Purchase" to install on Macbook. Am I missing something? They elaborate and say they are two different systems, yet other apps have figured out how to make customer feel appreciated by not gouging and squeezing money out of their pockets. Tell me I'm wrong please....
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-26-2019 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

Index, moderators, please tell us that iRealPro has grown up and no longer charges enthusiasts twice for using iRealPro. It’s 2019 already and this is not really the way to keep your users loyal.

iReal Pro has no control over nor Apple's, nor Google's billing. Apple's App Store for iOS and Mac App Store for Mac are separate stores.
    Please request a bundle solution from Apple, we have done the same but they haven't implemented it yet.
    OnSong only has an iOS version and had a Mac console which was not the same app and it's been discontinued.
    https://onsongapp.com/mac/

Does this double-charging include the style packs? If I paid $3.99 for the Blues Pack on Mac do I have to pay for it again for my iOS devices?

Quote Originally Posted by zaster View Post
    Does this double-charging include the style packs? If I paid $3.99 for the Blues Pack on Mac do I have to pay for it again for my iOS devices?
    Yes you do need to purchase it, sorry. Apple keep the two App stores separated (even though you are using the one Apple account).

While this is absurd on Apples part, I wonder if marzipan would change anything about this? Do payment modalities change when the iPad app is ported to macOS 10.15 via marzipan?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-23-2019 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Duplicate post deleted

Question Plans to support universal purchases for macOS and iOS and how would it be handled?

Hey Massimo and team,

thanks so much for your software. They are a real gem and it is great to see you have come such a long way and the software is doing well - or at least any jazz musician around me is using it.

Are there plans to support universal purchases so that with a single purchase iOS and macOS would be covered? And if yes, would it be possible for users already owning iReal on either platform to jump that train with a discount?

Keep it up and thanks again for this useful tool.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-03-2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

So far as I know, the answer remains as previously posted in this thread.
    )BOB