Thread: MIDI file transfer iPad to PC no longer avaiable

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MIDI file transfer iPad to PC no longer avaiable

I used to be able to save the midi file to an app called GoodReader that would leave it visible in iTunes so I could copy the file to my PC and use it with my best CST instruments. But for some reason, since the latest update (theirs) the file is only visible from inside GoodReader and will not copy to the desktop.

I have asked their tech folks and received no reply, so I'm doing a couple of things here - I don't leave email enabled on my portables and I will not use cloud-style services, so sending an email with a midi file is clumsy, especially when I am likely to send 6 versions of the same chord set, to have more parts to pick from.

So request one: can you please consider the option to "Save To Disk" like audio files (only without the 4-minute wait...) I would love this for the actual song files as well, but less important.

And request Two, to the general public as well - does anyone know an app (preferably free) that will let me easily transfer a midi fle - accept a midi file from iOS and leave it visible in iTunes so it can be transferred?

Thanks for the help, this has gone from a great system to a PITA (not the app, just the process...) so any simple answer is great.
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 08-03-2014 at 12:55 AM.