Thread: Why not freeze the Tempo when changing Styles

Default Why not freeze the Tempo when changing Styles

When changing musical styles iRealPro switches the tempo along with the style (probably to the default for then new style)
    It take about much longer to compare different styles because you have to go back set the tempo for every change.
    Why not change styles without changing tempo, especially if the user is not using the default tempo for the current style.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.
    The counter argument is if you bring up a ballad and decide to play it as a tango, by changing the style, it sets to an appropriate tempo for the new style; or changing from bossa to fast swing—unless you need to, your tempo is changed to match the new style.
    However I know what you mean

As an aside, there are slight differences in the jazz styles as they are defined by speed (medium, fast etc.) which is why there is not just one (as the backing instruments do slightly different things depending on the tempo).

Thanks, I understand your approach, it makes sense.

I primarily work with Pop, Rock & Blues which have fewer styles in iRealb. So I have been using jazz when other styles don't quite match the song, Hence my desire to hold the tempo while plugging in styles. I am looking for a better suited style.

Really liked your new Jazz Swing style, hope you consider more styles in Pop, Rock & Blues since those genre also contain slight but significant differences. iRealb is in a class by itself and there is a wide audience out there in other genre