Thread: How to import a chart from IrealB on Computer to IRealb on Ipod

Default How to import a chart from IrealB on Computer to IRealb on Ipod

I inadvertently erased a chart that I had on my Ipod and would like to import it from my computer. I have IRealb installed on both devices. When I hit 'share' on my computer, I got this message:

Open the html attachment and click on the link to import the playlist/song:
    (works on iOS Devices, Mac or Android devices with iReal b installed).

which is like Greek to me ... can anyone interpret (help)

Thanks in advance

the link is the attachment you should see below those words. Tap on it in your iPod's email, then you should see black window open with the name of the song (or playlist), tap on its name to import.

There are tutorials in Settings for other information.

Default it didn't quite work

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    the link is the attachment you should see below those words. Tap on it in your iPod's email, then you should see black window open with the name of the song (or playlist), tap on its name to import.

There are tutorials in Settings for other information.
    Thanks admin for the next step but I got the response 'Mail can't open the page because the address is invalid' My IRealb version is 4.1.1 Any ideas?

Thanks

If all else fails, here are the two (free) file-transfer apps I use, in order to avoid the email ordeal: DiskAid on my iMac, and FileApp on my iPod.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    ... but I got the response 'Mail can't open the page because the address is invalid' My IRealb version is 4.1.1 Any ideas?
    You are running an old version. Is there a reason you are still running an old version? is it on an old device (old OS)?

The song code was updated a while ago and you might be trying to import a song with the newer code so it will not import. You would need to update to the current version of iReal Pro (if the OS and device allows it).
    From your computer you could post to the forum Sandbox, then on your iOS device, try importing the song from there. If it is the updated song code it will not import, but if there is some problem with the song in your email, the song is recognised it should import ok (and in this case it might be a problem with your email for some reason; sometimes trying another email address from a different provider works).