Thread: export independ midis

Default export independ midis

Hi irealbook users,

I want to know if it is possible to export midi files, from isolated instrument tracks, and how.

Also, is there some kind of ''real tracks'' for iReal Book?

Thanks

Top right of the song chart is Send menu icon>Song as midi.
    It will have the tracks (separated) of the 3 instruments (the drum one will not map directly to standard midi drum sounds) and you will be able to delete or edit using notation software (like Sibelius or Finale) or a DAW (Apple Logic etc.)
    Note: it creates the midi file from the settings the player has at the time, so set key, chorus, tempo, style etc. before making the file.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Top right of the song chart is Send menu icon>Song as midi.
    It will have the tracks (separated) of the 3 instruments (the drum one will not map directly to standard midi drum sounds) and you will be able to delete or edit using notation software (like Sibelius or Finale) or a DAW (Apple Logic etc.)
    Note: it creates the midi file from the settings the player has at the time, so set key, chorus, tempo, style etc. before making the file.
    Thanks

How can I use the drums midi to get a more real sound, but played as it is in ireal?

Quote Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
    How can I use the drums midi to get a more real sound, but played as it is in ireal?
    There is limited support for changing the drum sound within iReal Pro, other than volume and (global) reverb (FX) in the mixer.

Outside iReal Pro ideas:
    There is no support for triggering different sounds as iReal Pro plays in a software sampler and no sync to trigger a sequencer app.
    To change the sounds, you would either have to export midi (and re-map the drum sounds as mentioned) or use the existing sounds (audio file) to trigger other samples (in a DAW or similar). Using Logic or Garageband (or similar) you can use their drum loops, so it should be possible to export the audio file (mute the drums) and line up the audio track so it syncs (I have not tried this, unless it is a long track, it should sync reasonably well.)

Also see the guides in the blog:
    http://irealpro.com/exporting-to-midi-and-musicxml/
    )BOB