Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank library bug

Default Blank library bug

I may have found a bug that has left me unable to browse or open any songs. I can create new charts it seems.

The steps I took before this happened: possibly after creating a new playlist, I tried to drag the chart over to the new playlist in the hope of adding, nothing happened, i am assuming this is not a feature. Tried to open the song library and nothing there. No access to any songs at all. Same after a restart, and a system reboot.

Shame, I only downloaded it today and was having great fun with it, and started building a setlist for an upcoming solo guitar gig.

Sorry about this. Delete the app from Applications then download again and test it.
    Yes you should be able to drag a song(s) from the middle list to a playlist on the left. Presumably you were able to save the new blank song? then you tried to drag it to a playlist?

If you are still having problems, contact us:
    http://irealpro.com/support/
    or within the Help menu within the app and we can give you instructions to fully delete if there are problems.

Thanks for the reply,

Ive since had a bit of bother with this forum as well as the software.

This forum has been logging me out when I've been typing, very frustrating as I was replying to your post. Spent a couple hours on this, registered another name, same thing happened.

I followed your link to the support page and tried multiple times to submit, but it wouldn't send. Hence why I am here again.

I did as was suggested and reinstalled iRealPro. I then downloaded the songs from this forum. They became playlists, categorised in blues, jazz etc. Then the playlists vanished, but the 1200 or so songs were still visible.

Regarding the forum registration, when using keychain access for a password, it logged this forum as FaceTime:registration V1. Also, the advanced search is bugged, as the search bar is offset and a couple of lines of code are visible at the top of the page.

Sorry to dump all this here, but I've had no luck with this new software and forum at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stevaux View Post
    Ive since had a bit of bother with this forum as well as the software.
    This forum has been logging me out when I've been typing, very frustrating as I was replying to your post. Spent a couple hours on this, registered another name, same thing happened.
    Can you tell me your OS and browser of the computer (or device) you are using for forums, I presume from your Mac? Have you tried another browser, Safari should be ok if this is not what you use. It could log you out but sometimes after perhaps 20 minutes or so (I am not sure how long actually).

I followed your link to the support page and tried multiple times to submit, but it wouldn't send. Hence why I am here again.
    that is ok, I am here to help.

I did as was suggested and reinstalled iRealPro. I then downloaded the songs from this forum. They became playlists, categorised in blues, jazz etc. Then the playlists vanished, but the 1200 or so songs were still visible.
    What was happening or what had you done just before the playlists disappeared? (Obviously they should remain unless you manually delete them.)

Regarding the forum registration, when using keychain access for a password, it logged this forum as FaceTime:registration V1. Also, the advanced search is bugged, as the search bar is offset and a couple of lines of code are visible at the top of the page.
    Sorry to dump all this here, but I've had no luck with this new software and forum at all.
    I wonder what happens if you do not use keychain for the password?
    Yes the search does have a couple of odd code lines there, just ignore them.

We can contact you directly from support but it would help if you can answer the above questions and any other information first.
    Thanks.
    Again, apologies for the problems.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Mac OSX Mavericks latest update, Macbook pro mid 2012. Safari browser.

Keychain suggests the password for me, and it usually remembers the page, but as i say, this forum logs it as FaceTime. I wonder if anyone else here uses keychain, and could let us know what it is logged as. I have since managed to change my password, to a manual keyword, and it seems to work fine now.

To recreate the situation is difficult, but I'm sure i was editing the chords to a downloaded tune "All Of Me" changing the Cmaj7s to Cs, then experimented with creating a playlist and songs to it by dragging. Perhaps I dragged a song that was playing at the time? The music stopped and the playlists disappeared. The 1200 or so songs remained.

I recreated the playlists by redownloading them, and that organised them back into lists again.

What i will do now is create a few charts that i will be using for my gig, and take it from there. Im jamming along to the exercises today and its all working as it should.

(Now I am logged in, and yet I can't reply - I get an error message that says i don't have permission, please refresh the page and try again! So i need to copy this message and paste it!)

Keychain suggests the password for me, and it usually remembers the page, but as i say, this forum logs it as FaceTime. I wonder if anyone else here uses keychain, and could let us know what it is logged as. I have since managed to change my password, to a manual keyword, and it seems to work fine now.
    Yes just use the manual password for now and see how stable it is.

To recreate the situation is difficult, but I'm sure i was editing the chords to a downloaded tune "All Of Me" changing the Cmaj7s to Cs, then experimented with creating a playlist and songs to it by dragging. Perhaps I dragged a song that was playing at the time? The music stopped and the playlists disappeared. The 1200 or so songs remained.
    I have tried dragging while playing a few times and it was ok. If you find anything that causes it let us know, thanks.

I recreated the playlists by redownloading them, and that organised them back into lists again.
    ok good.

(Now I am logged in, and yet I can't reply - I get an error message that says i don't have permission, please refresh the page and try again! So i need to copy this message and paste it!)
    I will get Niki (from Support) to contact you with a complete deleting of the app (make sure you backup your playlists and song edits first) if you want to try this. We will have a think about how the playlists could disappear. You can still post here with further questions or information. Thanks.

Dear Steve,
    We are sorry about the inconvenience. I emailed you the instructions so you will be ready to enjoy the app today
    Have a great day everyone!

I may have found a bug that has left me unable to browse or open any songs. I can create new charts it seems.

The steps I took before this happened: possibly after creating a new playlist, I tried to drag the chart over to the new playlist in the hope of adding, nothing happened, i am assuming this is not a feature. Tried to open the song library and nothing there. No access to any songs at all. Same after a restart, and a system reboot.

Shame, I only downloaded it today and was having great fun with it, and started building a setlist for an upcoming solo guitar gig.
    I'm also experiencing this bug. Were you able to resolve this issue? I tried to delete app and reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbt View Post
    I'm also experiencing this bug. Were you able to resolve this issue? I tried to delete app and reinstall.
    Have you any information about what you had been doing at the time?
    Did they disappear while you were doing something specific?
    Also your Mac OS and what version of iReal Pro you are using.
    Obviously make sure you backup regularly. Thanks for reporting this.

iMac 2.7GHz MID 2011 OS X 10.9.4. iReal Pro 5.1 (6800)
    I was transposing a few charts when this issue happened. Whenever I reopen the app, it loads the chart "Mack The Knife". I does not show my library list of songs. When I click on anything in the side bar, Mack the Knife disappears and I'm left with a blank screen. I can't load anything. However, I 'm able to create a new chart.
    Are there any files I need to delete; other than the app to completely delete iReal Pro? If so, give step by step directions. Also, where does iReal Pro store songs?
    Thanks.