Thread: No Sound: Help a new user

Question No Sound: Help a new user

Hello guys!

I just bought a used Iphone5 (well, to be honest I never had a smart phoen before, so I just began to learn how to use it) and bought the irealpro, also. I downloaded the 1300 jazz songs, but my phone just doesnt want to play them. There is no sound, etc...

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

That is very odd.
    - try turning off the iPhone completely, then on then play a song.
    - in iReal Pro>Settings, reset settings then try playing
    - check vol is up on iPhone (play a song in Music for instance)
    - check mixer (in bottom menu in song view) in iReal Pro that the instrument's vol is up for each (resetting settings will have done this though)
    Can you see it playing the song? Do you see the metronome visual count? Do you see the measures highlight as it plays (silently)? Hopefully you are tapping the Play button and these will happen at least.
    - check in iPhone Settings for any OS updates available, and install

Delete iReal Pro (long press it and tap the X), then download again (will be free). Check it plays one of the exercise songs.

(you can download iBooks app, search for the iPhone manual and download if you have not already. This will give you basic information on using your iPhone.)

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    That is very odd.
    - try turning off the iPhone completely, then on then play a song.
    - in iReal Pro>Settings, reset settings then try playing
    - check vol is up on iPhone (play a song in Music for instance)
    - check mixer (in bottom menu in song view) in iReal Pro that the instrument's vol is up for each (resetting settings will have done this though)
    Can you see it playing the song? Do you see the metronome visual count? Do you see the measures highlight as it plays (silently)? Hopefully you are tapping the Play button and these will happen at least.
    - check in iPhone Settings for any OS updates available, and install

Delete iReal Pro (long press it and tap the X), then download again (will be free). Check it plays one of the exercise songs.

(you can download iBooks app, search for the iPhone manual and download if you have not already. This will give you basic information on using your iPhone.)
    Thanks dflat!

Well, the volume is up, and I could play the 50 songs, which were built in before I downloaded the 1300 jazz songs. After I did that I can neither play those 50 songs nor the 1300...
    I made the reset (Settings), unfortunately it didnt help.
    I am at workplace now, here I dont have wifi, so I am going to try the updates at home. I am going to wait with the turn off also (and with the deleting and reinstall, too), because I dont know my pin yet (need to check it).
    Mixer is ok, the volume of each instruments are at 80% or so.

Cant see it playing the song, tho. I just tap play button, and nothing happens. I can see the chords, bars, and thats all.

:-(

It seems like turning off and on the iphone helped.

Thanks for Your help dflat!

Great news, thanks for letting us know. Hope you are having fun now

Im having a problem.. no audio is playing back on my desk top version.. using latest version of iReal Pro 5.1 on my mac. Never had this issue before. All other softwares are working.. (itunes, garageband, youtube etc.) And the volume is up on iReal slider. Already tried shutting down. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mezcalmusic View Post
    Im having a problem.. no audio is playing back on my desk top version.. using latest version of iReal Pro 5.1 on my mac. Never had this issue before. All other softwares are working.. (itunes, garageband, youtube etc.) And the volume is up on iReal slider. Already tried shutting down. Any ideas?
    • Check the mixer within iReal Pro (volumes are all up - to the right) or click Default values button to reset.
    • You will see the volume slider left, bottom. Just to the right of it is the Airplay icon. Click this and check its setting. It might be playing out a different output (not turned on)