Frequently Asked Questions
1000s of songs can quickly be downloaded from the from the forums in a few simple steps.
See this step by step tutorial or find a video tutorial for your particular device in the support menu.
One solution is to restore again, but this time to the previous back-up with the old data.
Another solution is to download songs from the Forums and/or from your own back-ups.
You can also read a step by step tutorial.
If you are on Android you might want to try a different browser like Opera or Chrome.
Uninstalling the app and repurchasing it directly from the App Store on your device (no charge as long as you use the same iTunes account) should fix the problem. Make sure you backup your songs before uninstalling because they will be erased unless you didn't edit or add your own songs in which case it's easier to import the songs directly form the forums.
- Look for the confirmation email in your spam folder;
- Try registering again;
- You can get the forum software to send you a password reminder (it can be also used to reset your password);
- Make sure you input your email address correctly
For more information refer to the Forums
See more information in the online manuals.
However, there is a software for Windows called BlueStacks that is currently in Beta testing phase. It allows Android apps to run on the PC. Follow us (Newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, News Blog) to find out when this software will be publicly available. As of now, we haven't tested it so we cannot provide any support for this. If you try it, please share your experience on the forum.
iReal b currently supports transposable chord charts with Player facility.
A style pack includes a number of play-along accompaniments. To use your newly purchased styles, open the Player controller and press the large button at the top to choose between Jazz, Latin or Pop Styles depending on which one you bought. For browsing between your sub-styles, use the second large button just below.
- Although chord progressions are not subject to copyright we received a take down notice, and being a small independent developer we don't have the means to fight the cause, so we decided to remove all songs from the app.
- The "Book" part of the app name started to become limiting given all the new features of the app.
- "Real Book" is owned by somebody else and we don't want to cause confusion.
There is also a mixer in the player controller of iReal b to set the individual volumes of the instruments.
As an example, see the "Bossa 3" exercise included with iReal b or "Chega de Saudade" included in the Jazz 1200 playlist.
Alternatively, you can use a third party app such as PrintShare or similar ones to print it directly from your phone.
If you would like to purchase the Mac OS X version of iReal b, you need to go through the Mac App Store.
Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your Mac screen and choose "App Store…"
iReal b for Android requires System 2.2 or higher and Armv7 architecture processor. To find out if your processor is ARMv7 based first find out which processor your device has by looking at the tech specs. Then google the processor and look for its tech specs and see if it's ARMv7 based.
Press the export button in the lower left corner and choose Email.
Send the email to yourself and open it on your iPhone.
Import the playlist.
See the manuals for more details on sharing.
1 - Open the song in the editor, insert the necessary space at the top and write an intro
2 - Tap and hold 4 or 8 measures from the end of the song and play from there. The ending of the song will work as an intro. Remember to add one chorus to the total count as the first chorus will be the one starting 4 or 8 bars from the end.
There are three ways to create a new playlist:
1. Open the Playlists index, tap on Edit and tap on + New Playlist.
2. While viewing a song chart tap on the playlist button in the lower right corner then select + New Playlist.
3. While browsing the Songs index, swipe the song name, Add to Playlist, select + New Playlist (this does not work on iPad).
Changing the Order of the Playlists
Go to the Playlists index, tap Edit then drag the handle on the far right up or down to change the order of the playlists.
Deleting a Playlist
There are two ways to delete a playlist:
1. Go to the Playlists index, swipe across the playlist name, tap Delete (to cancel, tap anything else).
2. Go to Playlist index, tap on Edit, press minus button on the left, tap Delete (to cancel, tap anything else).
Renaming a Playlist
Playlists index->Edit->tap playlist name;
Rename then press Save.
Adding a Song to a Playlist
There are two ways:
1. While viewing a song chart tap the Playlist icon, tap the desired playlist name or create a new one.
2. In the Songs index swipe the song name, select Add to Playlist (does not work on iPad).
Note: You cannot add a song more than once to a playlist.
Deleting Songs in a Playlist
Go to the Playlists index, open the playlist you would like to edit. Now you can either swipe the song you want to delete or tap the Edit button and tap the red - (minus) button followed by the Delete button (to cancel, tap anywhere else).
Note: deleting songs from a Playlist does not delete the song from your library nor any other playlist.
Changing the Song Order in a Playlist
Go to Playlists index, open the playlist you would like to edit, tap the Edit button. Drag the handle on the far right up or down to change the order a song.
To sort the songs alphabetically, you can tap the Sort button in the lower left corner when viewing a playlist.
Transpositions and Playlists
As when transposing a song from the main Songs index, transpositions made of songs in playlists are saved. The saved transpositions are independent and that allows for a song to appear in different playlists with different transpositions. For more information see the section, Transposing a Song.
Sending a Playlist
A playlist can easily be shared with other iReal b users in the Forums or with other editing programs like the Mac Editor or the Web Editor. While viewing a playlist tap on the send button:
From here you’ll have two choices -
- Email - an email containing the playlist code in a link format (also includes a useful list of the included songs) will be generated.
- Post Playlist to Forums - the playlist code will be saved in the clipboard of your device so it can be used in the Forums with a ‘Paste’ command. Note: sending playlists via email to yourself is a good way of making a backup of that playlist.
From an email - open the Mail App on your device, navigate to the email containing the playlist code link, tap on the link. iReal b will now open and import the playlist. You will now have the newly imported playlist added to the Playlists index where you can access it. If the playlist comes from the Mac version of iReal b you will need to first open the html attachment and then tap on the link.
From the Forums - tap on the Forums tab and wait for the page to load. Navigate to the desired forum and tap the link of the desired playlist. The new playlist will be added to the Playists index.
Note: in both cases, if any of the songs in the incoming playlist are not already in the song library they will be added as User songs.
You cannot currently merge playlists within iReal b, but you can easily use the Web Editor or the Mac Editor for this and then send the resulting merged playlists back to your iOS device.
If you have a device with Android, go to Google Play/Amazon Apps, then My Apps and the available updates will be listed.
If you cannot find the answer to your question here, or in the manuals, please contact us directly.