Thread: Better sounds for iReal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Band in a box also costs a few hundred dollars more than iReal Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    Band in a box also costs a few hundred dollars more than iReal Pro.
    ...and although BIAB is much more expensive it still has a much worse GUI!

BTW, nobody says that the better sound in iReal should be for free!

rather than better sounds in the sound engine - just add the option to send the MIDI for each track to any other synth type apps such as bismark - bs-16i, Sampletank , Gadget or using CoreMIDI, IAA etc.

Would be nice yes.
    I used BIAB years ago when it pretty much sounded the same as iReal. But a couple of weeks ago I heard it with their real tracks addition and was blown away. I'm probably going to get it soon. You don't have to buy the most expensive version, you get the basic one and add packs as needed. That puts the cost for me at around $150 and I'm willing to pay that for a sound that's that good.
    You could easily tell someone it's the actual band performance and without knowing I doubt anybody would recognize that it's computer generated.
    I play mainly Gypsy Jazz and the way the bass and rhythm guitar sound is very convincing. The bass in iReal is good enough, no complaints but the guitar sucks. I use vibes and that sounds fine so I'm OK with it. But I definitely would be willing to buy packs similar to what BIAB does if offered. But then I don't know if a mobile device has enough horse power to process something similar as real tracks either.