Thread: Ipad Pro - 12.9"? Anyone using one for IRealPro?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaniac69 View Post
    My old Ipad 4 is on it's last legs and I'm looking to upgrade. Irealpro is my main use for the tablet musically and while the smaller pro would be great the larger unit would come in really handy for work .

Is anyone using one at all?

For the developers, a couple of questions?

1. Will the irp chart screen fill out the 12.9" while in vertical mode like it does on a 9.7" ipad? And will the resolution be fine (IE it's not a zoomed/stretched picture)?

2. IRP will support split view multitasking at all? I would love to run this and my mixing desk software at the same time....

3. The new IOS 9 supports air turn pedals still?

Thanks.
    This weekend I'm attending a music retreat in the woods (PSGW). There are a couple of iPAD pro's here. (Wow)
    Compared to my mini, they are HUUUUUGE.

Here's my "guess" at answers (I could be wrong, batteries not included, your mileage may vary...)
    1. Yes,yes. The charts filled the screen in portrait and were also very legible in landscape as well. With the menu side-bar...
    2. I did not see this in operation, but split-screen multi-tasking is reported to be available in the latest iOS.
    3. So far as I know, yes.
    Full-screen pdf notation charts are displayed wonderfully on the iPad pro ...not have airturn? I think not.
    I can't imagine airturn not being available on the pro...
    Hopefully you will receive definitive confirmation from actual "users".
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-08-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    This weekend I'm attending a music retreat in the woods (PSGW). There are a couple of iPAD pro's here. (Wow)
    Compared to my mini, they are HUUUUUGE.

Here's my "guess" at answers (I could be wrong, batteries not included, your mileage may vary...)
    1. Yes,yes. The charts filled the screen in portrait and were also very legible in landscape as well. With the menu side-bar...
    2. I did not see this in operation, but split-screen multi-tasking is reported to be available in the latest iOS.
    3. So far as I know, yes.
    Full-screen pdf notation charts are displayed wonderfully on the iPad pro ...not have airturn? I think not.
    I can't imagine airturn not being available on the pro...
    Hopefully you will receive definitive confirmation from actual "users".
    )BOB

Hi Mate, thanks for the reply. I actually answered a couple of my own questions after I posted:

2. The latest version of IRB does support multitasking and the ipad pro.

3. Bluetooth page turners are still supported.

I agree compared to the normal ipad and the mini they do look pretty huge, however having the landscape view with the menu side bar would be awesome. It's too small to use on my Ipad 4 with my bad eyes!

Here is a screenshot (50/50 split), iReal Pro on the left with a song index in Songbook Chordpro (for lyrics) on the right. (screenshot from iPad Pro 12.9)
    Both apps are active, so you can swipe or tap either side to bring up your pages.
    Others using the player might like to use the 75/25 split with iReal Pro showing in the smaller area for triggering play with the larger screen area for notation or lyrics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	split.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	458