Thread: 5/4 time signature

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It depends on what you want to do with the tune. It does work fine to leave four beats in the measure and specify a 5/4 time signature.

However, I often like to have more control over the actual bass line, so I would probably prefer to use measures with five beats in them.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Quote Originally Posted by engelbach View Post
    It depends on what you want to do with the tune. It does work fine to leave four beats in the measure and specify a 5/4 time signature.

However, I often like to have more control over the actual bass line, so I would probably prefer to use measures with five beats in them.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Control over the actual bass line would be great. I've asked if Massimo could add the ability to designate actual bass notes from /B0 to /G4, which would cover double bass, and also bass guitar, I think. Hoping that can be done. It'd be a lot of fun to have that ability.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Control over the actual bass line would be great. I've asked if Massimo could add the ability to designate actual bass notes from /B0 to /G4, which would cover double bass, and also bass guitar, I think. Hoping that can be done. It'd be a lot of fun to have that ability.
    Jack,

Right. We do have control over the notes in the bass, but as you indicate, not the octave.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Default Bass lines

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Even Band-In-A-Box (which costs hundreds of dollars more) you don't a lot of control over the bass line without editing. In BIAB you can mute the regular bass part and write in your own. The cost of iReal doesn't need to go up hundreds of dollars. We're getting a big bang for the buck as it is now. More styles are what's desired as far as far as I'm concerned. Ray