Thread: Feature requests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bass note alone in an Intro.

The ability to Playback an invisible chord in the first measure without a preceding chord, just to get the bass note. Recently, I've needed a simple "boom-cha" intro several times.

Alternatively, the ability to enter and Playback "N.C./B" just to get that B bass note alone, which can't be entered now.

Of course, if anyone knows a workaround for this, I'd sure appreciate knowing it. Thanks.

EDIT: Just discovered that the invisible chord feature W/C in iRP already can play just the bass note (in these examples C) without also replaying the most recent chord if you put a period between the W and the / like this: W./C

What shows on the chart is not noticeably different from what you see with the usual W/C. You need only one N.C. or an actual chord at the beginning of the Intro. Only drawback is a small one: When you start Playback you get an initial ERROR message that you remove by tapping OK.

Anatevka Intro - Hal Leonard HL00359861 (1983, but in reprint) pp.49-52
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 02-15-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    The ability to Playback an invisible chord in the first measure without a preceding chord, just to get the bass note. Recently, I've needed a simple "boom-cha" intro several times, as in:
    Anatevka Intro - Hal Leonard HL00359861 pp.49-52

Alternatively, the ability to enter and Playback "N.C./B" just to get that B bass note alone, which can't be entered now.

Of course, if anyone knows a workaround for this, I'd sure appreciate knowing it. Thanks.
    I thought by dividing one measure into two and then doubling the tempo but that didn't work.
    This failedAnatevka Intro - Hal Leonard HL00359861 (1983, but in reprint) pp.49-52

I've never used the invisible root before.
    Does somebody have an example of how it's used?
    It would be a cool feature to be able to have any chord be bass only. (or any other instrument)
    Basically to mute a part for a specific measure.
    That would be a pretty advanced feature.
    Funny how the play-along feature has advanced.
    Most of my friends and associates just use the chart feature.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    The ability to Playback an invisible chord in the first measure without a preceding chord, just to get the bass note. Recently, I've needed a simple "boom-cha" intro several times, as in:
    Anatevka Intro - Hal Leonard HL00359861 pp.49-52

Try using a variation of this drums-only section to bring in the intro:

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...6605#post16605
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.