Thread: Feature requests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

With app called jam genius chord changes are generated automatically. Is there a way to import those chord changes into irealbook? Secondly is there a way to import a text file with chord changes into irealbook.
    PS: The jam genius output looks exactly irealbook.

I would also like to cut-and-paste from a text file editor into this app as the editor is the clumsiest part of this highly elegant app (and I say this as both a musician and someone who made their living in the software industry for 30 years.)

Default How about an Outro

I'd like to see an "Outtro" feature that works like the intro (which plays only once, at the beginning). This would be used to end the song after all repeats have been taken. I realize this can work by hardcoding the repetitions (e.g. 3x), but would be much better as a true function.

Quote Originally Posted by rjschmitt View Post
    I'd like to see an "Outtro" feature that works like the intro (which plays only once, at the beginning). This would be used to end the song after all repeats have been taken. I realize this can work by hardcoding the repetitions (e.g. 3x), but would be much better as a true function.
    Are you describing a Coda? If so, this function is already in the app.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

How about a keyboard shortcut to insert the repeat sign similar to the way the shortcut for inserting a bar line works. This lets us touch typists enter chords fast. Also it would be nice if the arrow keys would let us move over the arrangement rather than a lot of mouse work.

Quote Originally Posted by rjschmitt View Post
    How about a keyboard shortcut to insert the repeat sign similar to the way the shortcut for inserting a bar line works. This lets us touch typists enter chords fast. Also it would be nice if the arrow keys would let us move over the arrangement rather than a lot of mouse work.
    In Song edit, if you hover the mouse over the symbols, you can see the key commands (although not all have them.)
    For repeats, command-r for left repeat, add shift for right repeat.
    Once you have entered the chord symbol and pressed Return, you should be able to use the arrows to move to another location (I have not been able to test this on all Mac OSs).

I'd like to have all songs and playlist synchronisation via iCloud and/or Dropbox!