Thread: Jazz Practice Exercises

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello Marcus.
    in your charts in "Starling Academy" playlist there are a number of errors:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...6642#post36642
    - minor cycles should use C#m instead of Dbm, or Bbm instead of A#m (not really an error, just easier playing)
    - track 6 (ciclo para acordes) you use Bo, but it really should be Bø (VII degree on major scale is half-diminished, not diminished - the 7th of the chord is minor)
    - it is good musical chart practice to put repeats at the end instead of the beginning (for example, ||: C | Dm 9x :||, NOT ||:9x C | Dm :||)
    - there's a chord mistake in "Guitarra 1 - ciclo de 4as": the fourth chord should be D#o, not Abo ( (I choose D#o instead of Ebo because the diminished chord is usually the chord built on a raised VII degree of a harmonic minor scale, or the VII degree of a major scale with a diminished 7th; Eb is not a raised VII of any scale, D# is the raised VII of Em. Also, it's easier for me to think of the chord tones as D#-F#-A-C rather than Eb-Gb-Bbb-Dbb... (chords are stacked thirds)).

Thanks for the contribution.

Also, I'm posting a chart similar to one of yours, but built from someone else's idea, but since I rename mine to generic exercises, I couldn't find the original post again. The charts are for Dominant chords, but one could create from this a chart for any type of chord.
    [If the original poster recognizes his/her chart let me know, I'll edit the post and give credit.]

DOM7 _Total Sequence A - Exercise

DOM7 _Total Sequence B - Exercise
    Last edited by Kalokagathon; 02-27-2016 at 09:15 AM. Reason: clarifications; addition of charts
    Live freely. Respect the planet.