Thread: Beatles Songs Don't Sound Right When Playing

Default Beatles Songs Don't Sound Right When Playing

I am a new with iREALb so maybe I am not using the correct settings so I hope someone can help.

I love the Beatles and have downloaded the Beatles song collection. When I play the songs they don't sound
    anything like the original songs.

For example, I wanted to learn the song "Let It Be". When I listened to it there was no resemblance to the original song.

I have found this to be the case with many songs, not just Beatles but other artists as well.

Seems like all of the songs play with a limited number of 'styles' but not how the song was originally composed and recorded.

What am I doing wrong?

The wonderful player feature was added to this great chord-chart app as a PRACTICE tool for MUSICIANS to better learn to play solos over chord changes in the privacy of their own home. That some have found it useful in live performance in certain circumstances, is a tribute to the fine work of the developer(s).

The player only plays the song's chord progression, NO MELODIES, and was never intended to sound like The Beatles or any other band.

From the iReal b website:
    Play along with a realistic sounding band for incredibly fun practice.
    Choose between more than 30 different accompaniment styles that use a variety of instruments.

Let It Be - Lennon-McCartney
    Try: Pop - slow rock 70

It ain't the original, but it's certainly recognizable. It works fine as a "sing along".
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-11-2013 at 03:34 AM.

That makes sense, I guess iREALb is not what I am looking for.

Thanks for your response!

Hi Ukemonster. iRealb is the electronic equivalent of what's known as a "fake book". In other words, if you're playing a song you're not familiar with, you can look at a simplified chord chart and "fake it". Professional musicians have been using fake books for generations. Now, in the magical 21st Century, computer apps like iRealb let them store countless charts on their tablets or smart phones, rather than drag a stack of paper to the job.

Among many other functions, iRealb allows you to instantly transpose the chords to a different key if desired. And hitting the "Play" button will simulate a pretty darn good rhythm section if you want to practice a tune in real time. Because of copyright restrictions, it doesn't include lyrics or melodies. And it is definitely not a "karaoke" program that tries to emulate any original recordings.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.