Thread: iReal Pro and compatible Android devices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I first ran iRealPro (or iRealBook, as it was called then) on an Archos 10.1 tablet. ARM v6 processor, 800MHz, 512MB memory. It ran fine.
    I think it will be very hard to find a tablet that is less capable than that one, but make sure it is ARMv7 technology.
    As for screen resolution, I mainly depends on the quality of your eyes. I currently use a Samsung Note 10.1 and although I can read music on a smaller screen, due to my old eyes I certainly wouldn't do this for live performances.

Re: screen size
    I started with an iPod Touch (phone-sized) I used it in performance mounted on a mic stand about a foot from my face.
    Next, I went to an iPad, easily readable from a music stand...but, for me, it's like carrying around a surfboard.
    Now, I use a iPad mini. Most of the folks I play with have also selected 7-8" tablets. Seems to be about the right compromise between readability and portability.
    The mini's chart display in portrait mode seems very similar in size to the full-sized iPad's chart size in landscape mode.
    )BOB