Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Sorry, Keith. I use iRP on live gigs constantly and I can't remember one single instance where I accidentally changed the key, tempo or style (and I'm using an iPod - talk about a small screen!). However, I frequently make such changes on purpose and I don't consider it "unfortunate" to be able to do this quickly and easily. But if it's causing you consistent problems, you can always use the current text ability to insert reminders anywhere on your charts.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    I understand the idea, dflat; one could include the style and tempo in the title or composer field (as well as the key for a singer). Unfortunately, this would still permit the style and tempo to be easily changed, although it would provide an easy reference to change them back. It is something to think about.
    Exactly what I do. Works fine for me.

I think I have determined the cause of the problem I'm having with style changes…

Suppose a chord chart is edited and the style in the info box is changed and the edit is saved. If the performance style for the chart is different from the new style in the info box, then iRP changes the performance style to match it. When this happens, the tempo often changes, as well. I've experimented on charts and this seems to always happen with incompatible styles (not all are incompatible). For example, change the style in the info box from Ballad to Cha Cha and the performance style will be changed to Latin - Cuba: Cha-Cha-Cha after the edit is saved.

I'm glad I discovered the problem: with Halloween coming, I was afraid my iPad is haunted!
    Last edited by Keith88; 10-22-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Hiya, in the latest version when I want to play back with bass only the first beat gets a hit from the drums. Could this be fixed please? Thank you.

BTW, many thanks for the new editor!

What I really miss that one can't modify the meter of a song temporarily just like the key without modifying the song itself.

To modify a song for example from 4/4 to 7/8 many touches are needed and after you are finished the same procedure is necessary to reset to the old meter. If I want to go from 4/4 to 7/4 it will be even more complicated, then I have to delete every second |-measure-delimiter! A solution for this is a half-time mode, where 2 measures become one. Of course a double-, triple- or third-time mode could be useful too.

All this is because of the excellent support for odd meters, for which I would like to thank too!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSingsJazz View Post
    Hiya, in the latest version when I want to play back with bass only the first beat gets a hit from the drums. Could this be fixed please? Thank you.
    Thank you for your feedback! We'll fix it in the next update.

Thank you :-)

Default An enhancement to the Jazz Ballad Double Time Feel style

Back in February of 2013, I requested a new style for ballads that played the interior choruses in double-time. You came through with the Jazz - Ballad Double Time Feel style and thank you very much for that. I would now request an enhancement to this style: the ability to designate a section (perhaps section D) in the form that is also played in double-time during the first and last choruses.

I have a reason for making this request. There are tunes in which the chord changes for improvised solo choruses are different from the changes that best fit the melody. In the case of a ballad, where one would like to use these different solo changes and play them in double-time, presently there is no way to program a chord chart to accomplish this. However, by judicious editing, one could fit changes for a the melody chorus and for the solo chorus on one page; if one could designate the solo chorus as section D, then the enhanced style could play the melody chorus at regular time and the solo chorus in double-time. Using a text designation (eg, 3x, 4x, etc) and repeat signs, the solo chorus could be programmed to repeat a set number of times and then return to the melody chorus to end the tune.

I'm currently working on such a chord chart that I'll submit to the forum for comments. The solo chorus presently won't play in double-time but will have different changes from the melody section.

Thanks for considering this suggestion. It may seem like an odd request, but the development team seems capable of almost anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    Thanks for the example, dflat. I tried to do something similar but didn't realize that I needed bar lines both at the left and right side of a line to make the text appear in the performance window.
    I don't get it. I don't seem to have any problem entering text without barlines. I do it a lot. (See below.) Did this just become available with the latest update, maybe?

Text below 1 - Unknown Composer

Blues Triads: C Major - Example & Exs- 1 - Bob Magnusson, The Art Of Walking Bass (1999) pp.9-10

Brief Notes re Magnusson Book - JHC
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 11-06-2014 at 09:55 AM.

The ability to import and use PDF charts would be a great addition IMO.