Thread: Feature requests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks, dflat.

You know, what would really be useful is a Da Capo command that would let you specify the measure to which to return. You could number the measures from the very top of the iReal Pro chart, whether there's an intro or not, and the measure-specifiable D.C. command would meet everyone's needs. There is precedence for this in software: For example, Finale 2012 music notation software—which I also use—lets you designate the measure to which a D.C. command returns during playback. Just something to consider.

Great app; great board.
    Jack

Jaydiem, although you have deleted your post with some additional ideas (thanks) I would like to comment on you asking for background images (or information) behind a chart as a possibility.
    Although we do not support PDF import currently you can use multitasking, a PDF viewing app to do this. (Tablet is best because of the screen size.)
    Software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, PDF or image software should be able to import the PDF or image format (jpg) exported from iReal Pro. Add extra information, lyrics, text etc. then export as a PDF (or jpg.)
    For iPad, use forscore, unrealbook or similar to display your PDF and run iReal Pro with Settings>Background audio ON. (Android use MobileSheets app.)
    Although you will have to run both apps at the same time and swap between them, some are doing this successfully. Here is a related thread:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...g-using-Player

Also you can by-pass iReal Pro as an option, render the audio and use one of the viewer apps (as above) and link the song chart with the audio file. This means you are only in the one app.

If you want more details on this, post back and someone should be able to help you.

If my reply was so rude that it made Jaydiem delete his post, I apologize. I do NOT want to discourage suggestions for improvements. If it helps fix a bug, or makes iReal simpler to use, or would be of general benefit to all, I have no gripe. But all too often (evidence this 35-page thread) requests are for specific features that would serve only a very small percentage of users. What makes iReal THE essential app (for me) is that it's inexpensive, doesn't take up a ridiculous amount of memory, and doesn't have a zillion functions I'll never need. This would no longer be the case if it tried to be all things to all people.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.