Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    Woo Hoo!! A Sync button would be insanely great! Happy to know it's on a list. In the meantime, just to let folks know, I'm using two free app's to avoid the email transfer ordeal: DiskAid OSX on my iMac in conjunction with FileApp iOS on my iPod Touch. It only works one way (Mac to iPod) and still requires several steps even via USB, but it does work. And I don't have to worry about WiFi connections, email delays, etc.
    Now, this sounds like a way to go, especially since I live in rural mountains where I have to go to town to get a wifi connection. I need to transfer from a Macbook to an iPhone, so that's a bit different. Thanks, DaleMac, I'll let you know how this works for me.

EDIT (about 15 minutes after posting the above): Wow, DaleMac, that was crazy easy. It's almost as if DiskAid and FileApp were invented to transfer iReal Pro files. The Help feature on my DiskAid does not work at all, i.e., absolutely nothing happens when you click on anything in there, but the DigiDNA support site had a brief explanation of how to get a file, in general, from DiskAid in Mac to FileApp in iPhone, and that could not have been simpler. Once I got the file into File App on my iPhone, I was stumped a bit as to how to get the file into iReal Pro for iOS7 from FileApp . . . until I just clicked on it and FileApp seemed to know that the file needed to go into iReal Pro, and presto. Now that I've done it once, I think a file transfer like this will take under a minute, for sure. And it looks like you can transfer whole PlayLists this way, too, perhaps. [FURTHER EDIT: Yep, I just transferred a 35-tune PlayList in under a minute. This is also a fast and easy way to make a copy of a PlayList in iReal Pro, which I think you still cannot do directly within iReal Pro.] This is going to save me beaucoup trips to the coffee house in town to use its wifi. Thanks for this great tip.

BTW, DaleMac, your DiskAid/FileApp trick does work both ways, and without Internet connection. Starting from your iPhone, you just use iReal Pro for iOS7 to send a tune using the Chord Chart>html feature. It automatically brings up FileApp as a possible destination, you drop it in a Downloads folder there and just retrieve it in DiskAid, using pretty much the same technique as going the other way. Works for whole Playlists, too.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-11-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Allen View Post
    I just fiddled around and figured out how to rename, but not copy playlists. So I guess I'm only half
    an idiot [so at that rate it's a pretty good day for me! ]
    If you're still interested in copying a PlayList and you have iRealPro installed on your Mac, too, try using DaleMac's tip in this thread. You can make a copy of a playlist by transferring the PlayList back and forth between your Mac and your iPhone using DiskAid in OSX and FileApp in iOS7. You just rename it on your computer's disk and then send it back. I just did one in under two minutes. You can go either way and it does not require an Internet connection, just a USB cable connection.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-11-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    ...Thanks for this great tip.

BTW, DaleMac, your DiskAid/FileApp trick does work both ways, and without Internet connection. Starting from your iPhone, you just use iReal Pro for iOS7 to send a tune using the Chord Chart>html feature. It automatically brings up FileApp as a possible destination, you drop it in a Downloads folder there and just retrieve it in DiskAid, using pretty much the same technique as going the other way. Works for whole Playlists, too.
    You're welcome. And thanks for your tip too. I'll try that html transfer procedure... next year when I update to iRealPro
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

*Reposted as a feature request:

I think it would be a cool, useful feature if playlists were automatically configured to permit individual song downloads.

Is there a way using iOS or android to construct playlists from which songs can be also downloaded individually?

Re: iReal b Web Editor (legacy, unsupported)
    Thank you for allowing continued access to the (old/unsupported) Web Editor.*

Here:
    http://www.irealb.com/editor/index_old.html

Admin posted:
    The iReal b Web Editor is not compatible with iReal Pro and is no longer supported nor will it be updated.

If you wish to keep using the old iReal b Web Editor do so at your own risk and please do not contact us with issues regarding this legacy product.

I appreciate using the Web Editor (open in a separate tab) for a quick-look at posted songs/playlists to help me decide weather or not to download content from the forums to my (iPad) app. It saves me the hassle of needing to delete multiple songs one by one if I decide not to keep them after downloading them just to check them out.
    *When I want to edit, I prefer my iPad.

Thanks for everything,
    )BOB

Re: a feature request (now deleted by author) to permit posting ”public domain” songs with melody and/or lyrics...

Some history: iReal book app was accused of violating copyright law, and Apple, not wanting to get involved, pulled the app and said,"you guys sort it out". While lawyers say you cant copyright a chord change(s), a small solo app developer can't afford to fight the big guys in court (even to win eventually). Hence, the introduction of iReal b, now Pro.
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...re-iReal-b-4-0

If members were to share complete "public domain" charts and someone asserted a copyright claim, it might cause a hassle for the iReal Pro developer.

So, I'm in favor of NOT pushing that envelope.
    There are other notation apps available.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-19-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Second that. And I can think of more useful features for iReal other than "cheesy pickup lines" and "rockin' poses" well worth the programmers' time. By all means, call your brother.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Jaydiem, although you have deleted your post with some additional ideas (thanks) I would like to comment on you asking for background images (or information) behind a chart as a possibility.
    Although we do not support PDF import currently you can use multitasking, a PDF viewing app to do this. (Tablet is best because of the screen size.)
    Software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, PDF or image software should be able to import the PDF or image format (jpg) exported from iReal Pro. Add extra information, lyrics, text etc. then export as a PDF (or jpg.)
    For iPad, use forscore, unrealbook or similar to display your PDF and run iReal Pro with Settings>Background audio ON. (Android use MobileSheets app.)
    Although you will have to run both apps at the same time and swap between them, some are doing this successfully. Here is a related thread:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...g-using-Player

Also you can by-pass iReal Pro as an option, render the audio and use one of the viewer apps (as above) and link the song chart with the audio file. This means you are only in the one app.

If you want more details on this, post back and someone should be able to help you.

If my reply was so rude that it made Jaydiem delete his post, I apologize. I do NOT want to discourage suggestions for improvements. If it helps fix a bug, or makes iReal simpler to use, or would be of general benefit to all, I have no gripe. But all too often (evidence this 35-page thread) requests are for specific features that would serve only a very small percentage of users. What makes iReal THE essential app (for me) is that it's inexpensive, doesn't take up a ridiculous amount of memory, and doesn't have a zillion functions I'll never need. This would no longer be the case if it tried to be all things to all people.

I'm not sure if there is already an option for this, but I would like to be able to have the numbering system to stay based on the major diatonic key for many minor tunes. It makes much more sense in some situations, but not always (like a minor blues).
    For example, to basically express the first section of Autumn Leaves can be a 2m-5-1-4-7ø-3(7)-6m, or it can be a 4m-b7(7)-b3-b6-2ø-5(7)-1m.
    For many songs, having it the first way is much easier to follow and much clearer to understand theoretically. This wouldn't be true for all songs, though, so it would be nice to have the option to see tunes expressed either way.
    At the moment I go in and change the key to the relative major in the songs I prefer to see that way, but that can cause confusion when sharing with other musicians and such.

Thanks for the wonderful app! Of course, if there already is a way to do this please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaping View Post
    ... I would like to be able to have the numbering system to stay based on the major diatonic key for many minor tunes. It makes much more sense in some situations,...
    I know what you mean, the only way to do this is to duplicate and change the chords as you have suggested. There is no 'switch' in each song to do this automatically unfortunately. (Make sure you title it suitably so you know which version it is!?)