Thread: How to delete song from playlist

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Thanks Bob
    I've been experimenting between the iPhone,iPad and macbook.
    Originally I was just taking a Christmas tune out of a playlist while in edit mode (rearranging songs)
    I did not see the "Remove Trash" option at the bottom of the page so that's why it went to the trash.
    A funny thing happened though, rather then just showing the one song (It did at first) in the trash there was a huge list of tunes with a long list of numbers after the title.
    I'm not sure what this was so I checked in the library and the first few I checked where there.
    I then emptied the trash but inadvertently deleted the tune that was accidentally put in the trash.
    Should I RESTORE ALL find and then delete the rest? Not sure what restore all is?

thanks again
    Golly, I've never done that. You could do what you think is best...and report back. Or wait for a reply from admin.

What has happened to me (I think) is I deleted a playlist which contained charts that were also in other playlists.
    So, I'm putting together a setlist for a singer-gig and I can't find one of her charts that I'm sure we've played...I even remember helping her edit the chart....gone. Fortunately, I found it in a playlist in an old device I keep in case the magic smoke escapes from my iPad at a gig.

As a side note. When I download a random list from the forums to look it over or an *old* list posted before individual songs were accessible to get a single song, I worry that if I DELETE the list...what if I contains a song (or several) from the Jazz 1300? I'm willing to trash their alternate version, but when their list has 50 tunes... Am I supposed to check each of them one by one. I suppose I could just delete the songs on their list that loaded with a number appended to the title.

I tend to err on the side of caution and not worry too much about duplicates and "near-duplicate" charts. Song code barely uses any memory compared to audio or video!

The moral to the story is, use caution when removing/deleting.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-14-2018 at 07:00 PM.