Quote Originally Posted by bassmaniac69 View Post
So an update.. I've now owned the 12.9 for about 3 weeks now and am loving it. Yes it is huge and a little unwieldy at some times but TBH that is totally outweighed by how productive I am with the unit.

I now use IRB in Landscape mode and have the playlist on the left, almost full charts on the right and it's perfect. I use it on a music stand at the moment as I am waiting for my microphone stand holder to come in. And it's fast, so much faster than my old unit.

The multitasking works well, I mainly use IRB and iTunes or YouTube when learning songs and although I still prefer to use my Mac to input charts I can get around pretty well with an old Mac Bluetooth keyboard and the pencil. It is not as fast but better than it was on my old I pad 4!

In fact I'm typing this on the unit now, as my Mac has died and I'm having no luck fixing it at this stage. The 12.9 with the keyboard is close to a computer substitute. It's not there as you donat have a mouse, but I'm getting work and charts etc. done easily enough. My wife has a Mac as well and I have IRB on there as well, but I'm doing most of my charts etc. on the iPad as she's on here Mac all the time.

GarageBand is great, and I've imported a lot of jazz standards audio less the bass into it and am having fun laying down tracks to songs I'm not that good at. And for other audio products it's great as well (Jamup, Mobile Pod etc.) and the audio quality if great.

I would recommend that you get the Apple Pencil if you haven't already. Yeah, it's expensive ($170 here in Australia!!) but worth every penny. I use it for my day job, it's replaced my note books and it's all saved and ready to go.

I will say that all up the unit will have cost me the price of a MacBook after the pencils, cases, etc are all taken into account, but for me this is far more useful, especially on stage and in rehearsals etc. I've done about 6 gigs so far with the new iPad and 3 band members have already gone out and bought new ones after seeing it. I should get commission!

As for my old iPad, the plan was to sell it to recoupe some $$ however my wife has comandeered it for herself..
Hi, do you use any device to attach the large iPad Pro to your music stand to keep it from falling off during a gig.

Thanks,
Jonathan