Thread: semibreve rest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default semibreve rest

Hello,

I'll like to write a chord chart with at the end of a line a semibreve rest (one mesure).
    Is it possible, if i put no chord on a mesure time isn't count.

Is there also a way to put a symbol to specify a stop on the first chord of a mesure.

thanks a lot

all the best

sparkcle

There is a "button" in the editor marked N.C. that turns off everything but the drums. Put it in the first beat of a measure and only the drums play until a chord is entered. I don't think there is a way to get a measure of complete silence. If you leave a measure completely empty, it will be ignored.

Default semibreve rest

Thanks for you answer, but if i put N.C it erase the chord.

have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    There is a "button" in the editor marked N.C. that turns off everything but the drums. Put it in the first beat of a measure and only the drums play until a chord is entered. I don't think there is a way to get a measure of complete silence. If you leave a measure completely empty, it will be ignored.

For stop-time, put N.C. in the 2nd beat of the measure. You may need to use the "S" to reduce overlap.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-26-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Guys, I'm confused…Sparkcle wanted a whole measure rest. If N.C. is put in the second beat, he will not have a rest for the whole measure. In any case, the drums will still play through, so he won't get silence.

Default Stop-time, break, tacet

I thought he was looking for stop-time. Chord sounds on the first beat followed by silence.
    Because he wrote, ”....but if i put N.C it erases the chord"

Currently, N.C. is the only iRp "rest" option. (no chord/bass, drums continue) It can be used following a double-bar sign to isolate a drum-fill.

Break/tacet (silence, no chord, no drums) has been requested, but not yet implemented.
    An easy work around you can try:
    insert an A-B switch or tuner pedal (with a mute function) in the output line to briefly silence iRp's audio with the tap of your foot.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-26-2014 at 01:30 PM.